• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply an "echo" audio effect to a clip

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2012 Oct 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to apply an "echo" effect to a clip in Premiere Elements 10. I am trying to make the audio of a clip sound like it is echoing. I have tried adding audio effects to clips by dragging it onto the screen or clicking "apply" but nothing happens. However, the audio effects do seem to work on narration. I read a forum similar to this one but I didn't really understand all the terms as I am a beginner.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do most of my Audio work in Adobe Audition, but the free Audacity is a good choice too. Those accept VST's, and there are tons (many free) available on the Internet.

Now, within PrE, the Audio Effect>Reverb can be very useful, as can Audio Effect>Delay.

In Reverb, Pre Delay and Size are probably the two settings to experiment with most.

With Delay, the Delay time is probably the parameter to experiment with.

If you are not quite getting what you want, a technique that I use with DD 5.1 SS, is to Duplicate the Audio Clip, placing that onto another Audio Track, apply Reverb and Delay to it, attenuate, adjust the Volume of the Duplicate Clip down, and if necessary, for the "echo," then turn Snap OFF, and nudge that Duplicate Clip just a bit to displace it a bit.

Audition, Audacity, or many other audio-editing programs offer many more capabilities, and especially with add-on VST's.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No reason to make it harder than it is. The Reverb audio effect is exactly what you need. It can be customized so that it sounds like a smaller room, a larger room or a large hall or church.

Just drag the effect onto the audio clip on your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first option, but I find it to be lacking, hence my mention of audio-editing programs, that can easily take it beyond.

For the OP, Reverb with some tweaking, might be all that is required?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that works. What is DD 5.1 SS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the jargon. "DD 5.1 SS" = Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound.

Glad that you could create the "echo," that you needed.

Happy editing and good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines