Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project will not generate

Dec 13, 2006 Dec 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to generate my project, I get an error saying that I need to install a browser. I have IE and Firefox installed on my machine.

I went into the options and made sure that the browser option was pointing in the right direction. I'm stumped at this point. I'm using RoboHelp X5 HTML

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FL4WL3SS and welcome to our community

Wasn't too flawless, then was it? (sorry, couldn't resist)

I think all you need to do is temporarily configure IE as your default browser. Generate once, then change the default to Firefox. (I'm guessing that Firefox is your current default).

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have mentioned that. I've tried that several times and it still isn't working.

I dont' know what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Hmmm, was this working at one point and suddenly stopped? If so, was IE recently upgraded to version 7? If so, maybe that's the issue. Other than that, I'm thinking you may have simply configured something inside RoboHelp. I was referring to the file association setting inside Windows. Within Windows Explorer, right click an HTML file and ensure the default behavior is set to open in Internet Explorer and not perhaps Dreamweaver or an editor.

Beyond that, I'm stumped. But I believe I've seen others report this from time to time and that has seemingly always corrected the issue.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, should mention, this happens when I try to either generate in FlashHelp or WebHelp. I can generate fine with Microsoft HTML Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whew, didn't think of that level of abstraction. My .htm files were not associated correctly. Thanks Rick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp