• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempting to Upgrade to Flash Player 11.4 - Error: application currently in use

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that at least other have experienced this, but in a different browser.

Since last night, sites like Youtube has prompted to install the latest version of Flash Player. So, I went ahead installing the new version by following the instructions. Somehow, I kept getting this message - Error: application currently in use. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but kept getting that error message.

The browser with the problem is Firefox 16.0.2. I'm using Windows 7. The problem does not appear in Chrome and Chrome has not prompted me to upgrade to the latest version of Flash player.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

G.

Please don't refer back to that Flash Player Issues Link, because I have visited it many times. The guide there has not specifically address this issue much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You need to close all the applications that use Flash Player. For example: AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and games that use Flash.

Go to Task Manager by clicking Ctrl, ALT, Delete keys together and then go to the Application tab. Ensure that these applications are not running.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I have tried closing or quiting Yahoo Messenger and anything u said. I tried to figure out which other application that can be running in the background. I have tried uninstalling reinstalling many times and still the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

garsdobe wrote:

Error: application currently in use.

Does that error indicate what application is in use?  Could it be the Flash Player Settings manager, rather than Flash Player itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not specify which application it was. It looks like this below:error 11.4.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please download the installer from the following link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Then close all browsers and double-click the downloaded file.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sunil.

I have to follow few other steps on that page. The last thing that makes things work: uninstall, restart my computer, and install. The installation goes smoothly. I tested this on Youtube. Some videos play, few black or loading, few just don't play with error. I guess downgrading would not help since eventually, everything will be ugraded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For some reason, the installation with Flash Player 11.4 led to nowhere. In the meantime, I decided to do a system restore to couple days ago when my Flash Player was 11.2. This certainly does not conclude things. I hope to probably work something from here if I am prompted to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines