• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility view?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a project in RoboHelp 9.  It looked good for a while, but when I view it now in Internet Explorer 8, it doesn't look right unless I turn on "compatibility view." 

I don't know what could have changed, and my understanding was that RH9 projects should be fully compatible.

I've since gotten RH 10, and have re-exported the project, but it still behaves the same.

Any ideas on how to ensure that all users see the help files correctly? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what flavour of help are you making?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web Help (Primary Layout).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's it behave with other browsers? If nothing changed in the help project between it working and not working, then there must have been an update to your IE browser. Is the help located on a web server or LAN server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that there was an update to my IE browser, but even if so, it would be important to make sure the help screens are seen correctly by all users with IE8.  That's the standard browser for the users who will be seeing this information.  If they get the same update I did, they'd get bad results too. 

The pages look OK in Firefox 13 and Google Chrome. 

At present, the help is only on my hard drive.  It will be uploaded to a LAN server eventually, but work on the project is still underway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's local - make sure you've flicked on the "Mark of the Web" - that makes IE much happier when files are local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounded promising, but unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp