• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11.4 installer keeps freezing at 95% (OS X Lion)

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update Flash on my Mac Pro running OS X Lion. However the installer freezes at 95%. I can't quit the installer (it doesn't react on CMD-Q) and because the installer is still running it blocks my attempts to restart or shut down; only a hard restart (by holding the power button for several seconds) works.

Running the installer again produces the same result.

Any idea what is going on?

TIA

Philip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What browser are you installing it for? Firefox or Safari?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

I received a message in Safari that Flash was out-of-date. I use Chrome normally though and only started Safari to try to reach a certain site that Chrome wouldn't open.

Doesn't flash install automatically for all browsers on the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops. Crossed my Mac/Windows knowledge. For Mac, there is only one Flash player, for PC, there are two. Use this link to try to download it:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/39172/adobe-flash-player-app

This is a standalone download, so it will not have to try to 'download' it again once the software opens. This may be what is hanging it up. Let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link, though I think that may be the standalone player. Running the downloaded file starts the Flash player.

I think (but I'm certainly not sure) that Safari was complaining about the plugin (or whatever it is) that allows it to play Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Standalone" means that is it the entire plugin in one stand-alone file. There isn't any other things it needs to go online and download, it has the whole kit together. It is misguiding, as when we hear standalone, we think it will run on its own as a piece of software. Flash player isn't a OS player, it is an embedded player. That link will download the plugin for all browsers. Please try installing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I went to the Adobe site using the link on the page to which you linked. Clicking the "Get the latest version" link the Adobe page downloaded the latest version which I mangaged to install hitch-free.

Thanks for your help and the quick replies.

Cheers

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you have the latest version as of now (Adobe Flash Player 11.4....) try installing the beta version 11.5. First uninstall 11.4.xx.

I also did System Preferences -> Flash -> Delete All (i am not sure this has any effect though)

I was having the same problem in Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac OS 10.6.8 with Flash 11.4.xx. I tried many things written in forums in the net. Nothing worked, i tried this and it worked! Note that 11.5 is not an official release but it works better i think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines