• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with a Folder

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2006 Dec 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a long list of htm files and I recently put everything into folders. I also backed everything up to our source control program, MKS. When I open RoboHelp, all of the folders are there, but one folder, APPLICATION, will not expand. None of my files show up. Now, they do show in MKS, so I know everything is in the folder, but why isn't this showing up in RoboHelp?

Thanks for any assistance.

Stacie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How's it goin, Stacie?

I'm guessing here that something happened with RoboHelp's tracking files and it somehow managed to lose track of those files. Assuming they are on your folder where you would expect to see them inside RoboHelp, you simply right click the currently (and seemingly) empty folder inside RoboHelp HTML, then choose Import and bring them back into the project.

Hopefully this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was going great until this morning, now it's going fantastic!!! That was the answer - thank you soo much. Hope you are doing great as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the Table of Contents is also missing. I have a back up copy of RoboHelp that I took before moving everything into folders. Which file can I get it from? I really don't want to recreate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacie

Hmmm, just reorganizing into folders shouldn't have caused that to happen. Are you certain you did everything from inside RoboHelp? Or did you possibly sneak behind its back and use Windows Explorer? Remember, if you sneak behind its back, it wanders around all bug eyed looking for files that are no longer there.

You should be interested in the ProjectName.HHC file. Keep in mind, however, that if many of the topics linked to are now inside folders, there will be broken links to correct.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that's what happened. In MKS, we have to delete and readd files when moved around.

Nope - the HHC file is still there. Is there a way to re-import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to import the HTML files, but how do I import the HHC table of contents file?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacie

There really isn't a way to "import" a TOC as you can with topics. What you will need to do is this.

1. Close RoboHelp
2. Copy the older backup of the TOC to the current location. This will replace the existing TOC.
3. Restart RoboHelp and manipulate the TOC from there

As I stated earlier, you may have several broken links to deal with if the topics are now inside folders.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Actually it was another problem (see why I wanted to start fresh). The files were all moved inside of RoboHelp (I promise). The name of the RoboHelp Project was changed, so everything was peachy in MKS because it pointed to old files. When the old files were cleaned up, I had to copy some things to point to new files. What a mess. Everything works now, including the ToC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp