• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions installer won't launch

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the .exe file, it won't launch. Therefore I can't even download the program!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

We now have a document with a workaround available to allow Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 to be installed in Windows Vista.  Please see Installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 in Windows Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need info about your system. If it doesn't even launch, then something serious is afoot...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista Home Premium. Anything else you need to know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see that ADE 2.0 will not work mostly on Windows Vista OS, I suggest you to install ADE 1.7.2. But, in addition, I have seen few people have installed DE 2.0 on Vista OS..

If any workaround is available, pls share it....

Regards,

Yuvraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem that Vista users primarily seem to be having difficulties installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0.  Unfortunately there have not been enough details provided to determine why certain Vista users are having this difficulty.  Please see message #4 on how to identify the installation conflict.  If you can report the results to this thread it would help determine what might be causing the failure to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see my reply to YuvrajShinde071  for more details. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BAM customer service sent this link and instructions -

As you seem to be experiencing problems downloading the program using the standard method, go to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403051/attachments/setup.exe and select ‘Run’ to manually install it.

Upon your initial launch of Digital Editions, you will be asked to authorize the program. To do so, enter an Adobe ID and password.

this link did open let me install ADE 2.0. I did not go directly to 'run' it downloaded the 'setup'exe' but that did open and run.

It still did not open authorization with Adobe login and password option and it still will not download the book. The message I get is "Error getting license License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER"

but I understood I would be able to download a purchase to up to 6 devices. I have sent this info to BAM and will add any info that wolves the problem.

It may be that you have to download ADE first, then the book to that before adding to any other device. If so, too late for me with that.

Hope this helps someone else download ADE to Vista at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The error you're getting is "E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER", in this case you need to contact your ebook provider to reset the activation of ebooks. Once they're reset, try redownload the books and check if it works for you.  Also refer this document

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/e-lic-already-fulfilled.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Already done and waiting for a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input. Part of the problem seems to be Books-A-Million's digital delivery requirements. It says I need to sign in to the programs with both Adobe and BAM account sign ins (and maybe even install and deliver in a certain order - instructions difficult) but neither the android nor PC program has the set up BAM says I should use. Both programs did an auto-authorization of that device.  I have sent a message to BAM customer service and if they give any help I will post it. I think BAM just has too much of a "firewall" (not sure what to call it) on their digital purchases. Barnes and Noble automatically delivers any purchase to all my devices immediately and with Kindle/Amazon I just need to do one click in each device to sync all digital purchases.

Thank you for your suggestion and if I find any way to get around the issue I will post it here but at this point B & N and Amazon are so much more user friendly I probably won’t bother with BAM & ADE any more even if I do find a solution.

I did do the check listed in #4 and there were no conflicts listed in the event log. Absolutely nothing happened when I tried to open the setup exe program. I uninstalled and re-downloaded the set up program several times from Adobe, signed in to my account, I double clicked the .exe from the download list and in Windows Explorer, I did a right click and tried to use 'open' and even tried to 'run as administrator'. It did not even try to open - it was like clicking on dead space.

I am running Windows Vista Service pack 2, have an Intel Premium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @1.73GHz, 2GB RAM, 32-bit os. I have much more hard drive space open than is listed as requied. Is all of this compatable with ADE 2.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. After downloading the installer, it won't launch.

Running Windows Vista 32-bit, v. 6.0 with service pack 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StopDancing and Vykan12 if you go to Event Viewer do you see any entries during the time of installation?  You can find more information on using the Event Viewer at Identify software conflicts | System log | Windows Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/identify-software-conflicts-system-log.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff- No, no logs that I saw pertaining to or conflicting with the installation. I tried installing again, just to make sure. I'll try deleting the .exe and try reinstalling and rechecking the logs. I'll post if I find anything.

edit-

Okay, I redownloaded and tried to run the installer again. This was all that came up in the few minutes since then.

Information10/18/2012 8:05:29 PMService Control Manager Eventlog Provider7036None
Information10/18/2012 8:05:24 PMService Control Manager Eventlog Provider7036None
Information10/18/2012 8:05:24 PMDistributedCOM10029None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I fixed it. I had recently switched from Trend Micro to Avast! protection, but Trend was still installed on my machine (just turned off). I decided to finally go ahead and uninstall Trend. After I did, I was able to run the .exe and install ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2012 Oct 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues, same system etc, no errors in event log but still can not get install to open. any thing else I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and install 1.7.2 from the internet and see if you can get that to work.

Goodluck !

Chesterr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site I found that worked the easiest and fasted for download was at http://www.mediafire.com/?cm075hmug9nsju5

I was able to download 1.7.2 but since it was not available on the Adobe site where I could sign in to my account I can't download anything to it that I have already downloaded to my Andorid. Apparently unless ADE is downloaded through an Adobe account it will not allow downloads of epubs already sent to another device.

Thanks for your help but think I am giving up on this. I only needed it in the first place so I could read a book on my PC as well as Android that was purchased with gift card. I'll stick to my android app  and forget anymore BAM ebooks.

I do appreciate your quick response and help'

Thanks, Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent thank you for the update StopDancing.  So far the only reported issues of failures to install Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 have been in our forums.  I do appreciate the Event Viewer information and the information about Avast is even more useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION:

I was able to install in Vista Home Edition like this:

Right-click installation file

Select 'Compatibility Mode' -> 'Run in compatibility mode' -> 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)'

Tick 'Run as administrator'

Hit OK

Open the file by doucleclicking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

digiapu,   ville_ekman  and

Frustrated in AZ,

Thank you for your info. At this point I have already been able to get Adobe 2.0 installed (see my previous post) but my issues are now with BAM's e-book not downloading. I have been in touch with them several times with no solution. I have responded back to them one last time and after that I am done. This has gone on since 10/27 and is not worth the time and effort especially since I can get the books I want from other sources with no issues with any other reader I have.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issues have now been resolved with help from here and BAM. After all was done I realized that there were a couple of steps I had to work out myself probably because to someone else it may have been an ‘auto-step’  and was not included in the information to me.

1. I was able to download 1.7.2  at http://www.mediafire.com/?cm075hmug9nsju5

You may be able to skip this step but I am including it since it is a step I did.

2. I downloaded the setup for 2.0 from the ADE page

3. I set the setup.exe for 'Compatibility Mode' 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' and then

to ‘run as administrator’ (right click over setup.exe  to do both – I worked from the Download file in Windows Explorer)

4. I opened the ADE setup.exe and it did then install. It gave the option to uninstall the older version on my computer. I ok’d that but then ADE 2.0 stopped working. I went into Control Panel and uninstalled 1.7.2 myself.

5 ADE 2.0 then opened.

6. These are the instructions I received from BAM  help.

“Open Digital Editions (2.0) on your pc. (if already authorized do this next step) - While you are in the Library view, press control+shift+D to deauthorize Digital Editions. Click 'Help', then 'Authorize Computer'. Select Books-A-Million from the drop down box instead of AdobeID, then enter the e-mail address (login and password) that your BAM account is tied to in the Vendor ID”

7. The book downloaded fine this time.

Thanks to everyone for all the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We now have a document with a workaround available to allow Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 to be installed in Windows Vista.  Please see Installing Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 in Windows Vista - http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/installing-digital-editions-20-windows.html for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great...it worked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines