• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in opening Photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the trial version of CS6 Premium. I was getting the same error when trying to open the programs. I went into sharing and permissions and updated the privileges. Now everything opens except for Bridges and Photoshop. I get the following error "You can't open the application "Adobe  Photoshop CS6" because it's not supported on this type of Mac.

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

The problem is due to your processor.  You have an Intel Core Duo on your Macbook Pro.  Photoshop requires at least an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 64-bit support.  You can find the system requirements listed at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't advise because we know nothing about your Mac. If it's an older model running an old version of OSX it may indeed not be supported. Refer to the system requirements on the product pages.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2006 MacBook. I have upgraded the OS to 10.6.8, increased my memory to 2gb and hard drive to 500gb. All other programs are working except Bridge and Photoshop.

Gretchen Bayless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more detailed system description.

Click on the Apple icon on Top left, click on "About this Mac" and go to "More info"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help?

Hardware:

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook1,1

Processor Name: Intel Core Duo

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 667 MHz

Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.4f12

Serial Number (system): 4H640214U9E

Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F22F3F2B

Sudden Motion Sensor:

State: Enabled

Software:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)

Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

Computer Name: erikaā€™s MacBook

User Name: Gretchen Bayless (gretchenbayless)

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No

Time since boot: 6:30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is due to your processor.  You have an Intel Core Duo on your Macbook Pro.  Photoshop requires at least an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 64-bit support.  You can find the system requirements listed at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/tech-specs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff A Wright. Im having the same problem that "Gretchenbayless" is having with the same system requirements. So you sayin all I need is to update my Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor with a 64-Bit and that will solve the problem and if so where can I go to update. Do I need to go to a local store to purchase it. Thanks alot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Processors in Macs are not typically able to be upgraded.  You will want to purchase a Macintosh with at least an Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor.  All of the current Macintosh line would meet this minimum requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines