• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you switch the language on Digital Editions?

Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the newest version of Digital Editions, and since my physical location is China atm, that made Digital Editions download in Chinese on my computer. I really do not want Chinese as the language for this application -- how do I change it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows, ADE uses the language setting from the OS only to determine which UI to display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11, and the language setting isn't affecting the programme. (It's set to Norwegian.) It just came in Chinese because it sensed I'm in China, even though I'd already registered my region at Adobe as being in Norway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Macs an application's seting (and ADE goes with this) is based upon your OS language preferences  (Language & Text in the System Preferences).  ADE will display in the first language in that list, that it supports.   You can limit the languages for ADE (as long as you are not running 10.6), by doing a 'Get Info' on the application, clicking to show the languagues, and then unchecking the ones (such as Chinese) that you do not want ADE to display in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in France. Windows 7 is all in English on my computer. How do I get the English version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 en Francais, tu veux dire?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows 7 is in English. I don't want to struggle with the French menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Windows, go to the ADE installed folder ( For e.g: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0\) rename the current language folder (For e.g C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0\fr_). If ADE could not find the OS language setting folder, then it will automatically switch to English menus. or if you dont want other languages, just delete those language folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect! TY RJ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to r-j-bam. It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still working after 10 years. (2022)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the right of the choice of the language has been deprived. The font of Chinese is ugly, so does the translation. I'd like to use the English version. However, it's difficult. I don't know the idea of the designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to say thanks to . The method works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

delete all langaguage in the ADE it will come in english by default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2015 Apr 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Comment sélectionner la langue "Français" dans Adobe Digital Edition ? Impossible de mettre le logiciel en français ...

Merci pour vos réponses !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour allez vers C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 2.0   et supprimer toutes des langes sauf fr. aussi fait certin que votre systeme d'operation est marqué pour fr et n'est pas marqué pour en. EN c'est le default sur adobe digitale edition

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Digital Editions (Version 4.5), How to change from German to English Menu:

For Windows, go to folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 4.5

Change the de\ to another name, for example de_, then restart Adobe Digital Editions, it will switch to English, which is the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The easiest way to resolve this problem is by deleting all folders that reference the various languages supported by the software.

Look for the location where Adobe Digital Editions was installed. On my PC it's in "C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Digital Editions 4.5", note that I'm in version 4.5, so maybe depending on which version you're using something may change in my explanation.

Look in the folders that are in the root of the installation location, and look for the files "DigitalEditions.resources.dll" and "migration.resources.dll", in my case there were folders: de, es, fr, it, ja, ko, nl, pt, zh-Hans, zh-Hant. I deleted all of these, and so when I started the Application it went to the English version.

The question is: which language do you want to use the ADE? If there is the language folder you want, do not delete it, leave it alone at the root of the installation location. Well, when the application starts it performs a search in these language folders and tries to pair with some algorithms as a reference. If you want in English, as it was with me, you can delete all the same as I explained earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines