• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I generate help for white-labeled applications?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 9 and I need to be able to dynamically change certain text in the help and apply a custom .css/skin based on variables in a database. Using conditional build tags/regenerating custom help for different applications are not viable options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you want to keep the different outputs according to the database variables completely seperate. If this is the case, you'd have to generate the different outputs from RoboHelp using conditional build tags and then programmatically install the relevant output according to the database varibable. There is no way to achieve this directly inside RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks RoboColum(n). I think this might work for me. I found an article describing something like what you said. I will look into this:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10345/A-Reusable-Framework-for-Connecting-Both-WebHelp-a

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp