• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp update with Vista support?

Dec 14, 2006 Dec 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does anyone know if there will be an update to Robohelp that will allow us to generate Microsoft Vista-style help centres?
My company are moving towards developing Vista-style GUIs and the Help is going to look too different. (I wanted a word that was the opposite of integrated, but I don't think 'disintegrated' is what I mean!)

Cheers, Emma.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that as in street talk language - "dissin' da grate" I'm unclear what you are asking here? WIll Robhelp file run under Vista? If they don't, Adobe will be in serious trouble. Will the interface of help files be different to match a vista gui? Only time will tell. There's a new version of RH planned for 2007 but no one knows - or can say - what this will include. If you are outputing webhelp you could develop a skin to look and feel like a vista gui. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emma

In addition to wht Colum has offered, I'll add another thought. I don't believe there is even a compiler or anything that would yet constitute a "Vista help system". So until something like this appears, it's rather difficult for HAT vendors to have anything ready. I'm sure it will be a scramble once this is defined. As I understand it, the best options are compiled .CHM files and WebHelp systems.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum and Rick

Thanks for your comments.
The question I was asking was more along the lines of: Will the interface of help files be different to match a vista gui, as Colum said.
If you look at the help for Office 2007, the style of it is different mainly in that it no longer seems to use frames (although I personally like the WebHelp frames). I assume from what Rick said then that whatever Microsoft used to produce this help they aren't yet releasing so we can all do it...
I will wait with anticipation for the all new Robohelp then... I will certainly have a go at creating a skin to match the Vista colour scheme in the meantime - if anyone else develops a good Vista-like skin, please share!

Cheers, Emma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Emma

You should also both be aware and keep in mind that we are talking about Microsoft here. It is my understanding that the developers for the Office product routinely use highly customized features in their Office help systems that are never offered for public consumption.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp