Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 8 upgrade loss of Adobe software issue

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just upgraded to windows 8 and my Premier and Photoshop Element 10 software purchesd with a Sony Viao in January 2012 is missing. Is it a compatibilty issue?

Please advise. Thanks.

Frank Mika

[email address removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2012 Oct 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it "missing"?  Not in 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (X86)'?  Are other installed programs still there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately and surprisingly, Premier Photoshop Elements and Premier 10 is not compatible with

windows 8, according to the email I received from Sony support below. So this explains, the loss of my software. Looks like I

won't be the only one disappointed with this product. Seems everyone is pointing fingers and I'm out of two Adobe products!

Re: Vaio VPCSE 15" laptop

From

Support support@info.sel.sony.comhide details

To

fjmx fjmx@aim.com

Frank,

I understand that the Abobe Photoshop and Premier Elements application are

missing after upgrading the operating system to Windows 8. The pre-installed

Abobe Photoshop and Premier Elements application is not compatible with the

Windows 8 operating system. Hence, these application are missing after upgrading

the operating system to Windows 8. The pre-installed Abobe Photoshop and Premier

Elements application is only compatible with the pre-installed Windows 7

application. You may need to purchase a latest version of the Abobe Photoshop

and Premier Elements application that is compatible with the Windows 8 operating

system. You can purchase or download the latest version of the Abobe Photoshop

and Premier Elements application from Adobe website at:

fjmx@aim.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Adobe Premiere (64 bit) and Photoshop Elements 10 on Windows 8. It is noticeably slower on Windows 8 however. I don't know why.

If you wish to get the programs on Windows 8 tho, try this:

If your adobe programs came preinstalled on a windows 7 machine you will need to register the product by signing in to your adobe account from within the program  (while on Windows 7, obviously). Once your product is registered you can log in to your adobe account, click my products, and view your serial keys. Once you have your serial keys you can simply download the trial versions of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop Elements 10 and use your serial to install them on a Windows 8. (I did a clean install of Windows 8 and had no issues with the installtion of PRE or PSE 10)

(Abobe no longer displays the download link for 10, since they now sell only PRE and PSE 11. But you can still download 10 straight from adobe thru direct links, you will need to ask a customer rep or if they can't help you, use google to get the direct link to download the programs from adobes servers. Again, you will be downloading the trial version of 10 but it will become a full version once you input your serial key)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the software is still installed, then try to run it in compatibiliy mode of the Windows version you upgraded from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not longer installed except for a few saved files. Thanks for the advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice. Rather than spent too much time on this issue, I may do just that, get version 11. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded 11, and STILL having issues. Adobe, you honestly suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. When I emailed them for help, my questions appeared on this site. So we can also say, their customer service not only sucks, but is no where to be found! Hope they take the time to read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you upgraded your OS, the Registry will be clean and thus not show any installs. the programs should still be on the system (assuming you did not reformat the drive) and may still work, but to be on teh safe side, simply reinstall the programs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm unable to reinstall the program since it was preinstalled on my Vaio. The only way I can do this is with my Win 7 back up

disks, but that would require a Win 7 re-install and no guarantee the same problem won't reoccur. Is there possibly a compatibility issue

with Windows 8? Is Abobe Elements 10 Premier and Photoshop 64 bit?

fjmx@aim.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a few files remain on the system but no exe file. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon installing Windows 8, I noticed that my Premiere Elements 10 won't work. I downloaded the new CS^ and tried to open Premiere, but it says I'm having issues with my video settings? I have a HP Touchsmart 620.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a freelance videographer for a newspaper. Before upgrading to Windows 8, I contacted Adobe support (and cruised through a few forums) to make sure that Premiere Elements 10 would be compatible with Windows 8. This was important, because I have projects that I edit using Premiere Elements. Because I work for a newspaper, it is important that the features I am editing are in a timely manner, in order to reach the deadlines I am given.

I upgraded. It did not work. After a few hours of troubleshooting, I was told that there was nothing I could do, and that Premiere Elements was NOT compatible with Windows 8. I told Adobe that I had a deadline to keep for the newspaper (extremely frustrating, because the features were almost finished...just needed a few additions) and that if there was a version of Premiere available that worked with Windows 8, that I would download and purchase it in order to finish my piece. I was told by Adobe that CS6 (Premiere 11) was compatible and it should work fine.

Already feeling wary about Adobe and their support team, I decided to download (4 hour download) CS6 to make sure Premiere actually WORKED before I bought it. Surprise surprise, it didn't. I got an error with something to do with incompatible video codes. This cannot be, as I just purchased a BRAND NEW HP Touchsmart 660 with everything needed in order to run full programs (video card, etc).

By now, this ordeal has gone on 4 days. On day 5, I contacted Adobe AGAIN, telling them that CS6 didn't work. They assured me that my case had reached Tier 2, and that I would recieve a call back by the weekend.

Here we are, Tuesday. Yesterday, my editor asked about the status of the videos, that should have been finished by Friday the 9th. They weren't, and as a result I was taken off the project, and temporarily let go, due to my inability to provide content.

This is how I make a living. I am now unable to provide content for my employeer, and am out a weeks paycheck.

UNACCEPTABLE. I understand that Adobe wants to make a dollar, but at what cost? What about the customer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Could you please tell me the error you saw while installing either of the softwares on your win 8 system?

Please share the screenshots.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines