Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11.4.402.287 MSI won't install

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a problem with setting up flash 11 into group policy.  I have signed up for a distribution license and downloaded the file which seemed most logical, 'Flash player 11.4.402.287 OS: Windows, Browser: IE, Installer: MSI', which downloaded this file: install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi.

However when I try to use it, I get a pop up requesting the following:

"The network feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.  Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi' in the box below."

If I select OK, it loops on itself, if I select version 10.3.183.29 (downloaded from the same place as the version 11 msi) I get an error reading: "The file '*DIRECTORY*\install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi' is not a valid installation package for the product Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX. Try to find the installation package 'install_flash_player_10_active_x.msi' in a folder from which you can install adobe flash player 10 activeX."

If I cancel I get a pop up saying "Error 1714.The older version of adobe flash player 11 active x cannot be removed.  contact your technical support group". 

Please advise where I am going wrong.

Lastly, system information:

Servers: Windows Server 2008 r2, IE 9

Client Machines: Windows 7 Professional (64 bit), IE 9

Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit), IE 9 \ Firefox 16.0.2

Reguards,

Jack

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

On the effected computers, can you try the following workarounds:

Workaround 1: Run the FixIt tool on the following page and uninstall any Flash Player installations that are identified by the tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us

Workaround 2: Search for "Flash Player" under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products registry key and manually delete the associated keys.

Hopefully #1 is sufficient, please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jack4049 wrote:

However when I try to use it...

How exactly are you using it?

See http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Also note that Flash Player 11.5 was released earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response, I got caught up in higher priority tasks for a while.

To clarify what I meant in my first post about 'using' the MSI, I meant executing the MSI file from the desktop of the machine.

I have tried following the guide you have linked, specifically the section titled 'Active Directory installation' on page 10 of this document:

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/flashplayer/pdfs/flash_player_11_4_admin_guide.pdf

so far I've have no success.

I'll try getting v11.5 to work and post back with the results.

EDIT: tried using 11.5, having the same issue where the installer asks for version 10.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the effected computers, can you try the following workarounds:

Workaround 1: Run the FixIt tool on the following page and uninstall any Flash Player installations that are identified by the tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall/en-us

Workaround 2: Search for "Flash Player" under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products registry key and manually delete the associated keys.

Hopefully #1 is sufficient, please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Thank you! The microsoft KB article you linked dosn't go anywhere (atleast when I clicked the link you provided, it no longer exists or has been moved apparantly), but the registry fix you suggested worked perfectly.

Thanks again,

Jack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jack.  I've updated the link in the first workaround to one that hopefully continues to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines