Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Related Topics Button Not Working in IE7

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2006 Dec 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all:

A colleague and I have been trying to get the Related Topics button to work on a PC with IE7 installed. We have tried making the browser as unsecure as possible by enabling everything that is normally disabled in the Internet Options pane (Java, ActiveX, etc.) to no avail. All we get on a topic where the button should be is an empty box with a dot in it. We tried other navigation options like the Related Topics as a text link, a popup menu, and a Topics Found dialog. Nothing seems to work with IE7, but it worked just fine on previous versions of IE. Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a security issue with IE7 that we can't adjust in the Internet Options pane? Is there something in RH that needs to be tweaked? We are using RH X5.

Thanks!!

Regards,
John Freiberger

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 15, 2006 Dec 15, 2006
Looks like we figured out the problem - the test PC that my co-worker first saw this issue on is off our network and does not receive updates from Microsoft. We both installed IE7 at home and the Related Topics button behaved just fine. So, our theory right now is that the test PC is missing some patches or updates that's indirectly preventing the buttons to work.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John

Are you sure these buttons are still working in IE6? There is a problem caused by a Microsoft patch.

Please see the end of the Wrong Font thread in the RH for Word forum. Click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter,

The Related Topics button in our .chm files works in IE6 (we are using version 6.0.2800.1106CO). This appears to be specific to IE7.

Thanks,
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,
I am getting into using RoboHelp as part of my new job. I was searching for information on RoboHelp and came across this forum. I recognized your username and thought I would drop you a quick line. Sorry to derail your question but I had to say a quick Hi.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Greg,

No problem. Good to hear from you and hope all is well. This forum is an excellent resource for RH needs. You'll find plenty of info here!

Regards,
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2006 Dec 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Looks like we figured out the problem - the test PC that my co-worker first saw this issue on is off our network and does not receive updates from Microsoft. We both installed IE7 at home and the Related Topics button behaved just fine. So, our theory right now is that the test PC is missing some patches or updates that's indirectly preventing the buttons to work.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp