Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying extra installations

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there a way not to install Chrome and Google toolbar when installing Flash? I do not want that on this computer, but those where installed without ever asking me, as part of the Flash installation.

I un-installed all Adobe software from this computer and will do it from the others as well, as a temporary measure so I don't have to frequently unsinstall the things I don't want. But if someone knows a way to make sure Flash and acrobat stop forcing other istalls on me, I'd like to hear that.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

After the download page appears http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ , if you want to pass on the optional software, simply uncheck the checkbox before clicking the download button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the download page appears http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ , if you want to pass on the optional software, simply uncheck the checkbox before clicking the download button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how I missed the check box... Thank you.

Auto opt-in for extra software still strikes me as bad manner, but at least it's just me not looking well enough that made it hard to get rid of the unwanted extras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had auto update set up for reader and flash.  No page comes up giving you the chance to opt out of the additional software.

Please note, if you let it install chrome and then uninstall it, it messes up the ability to follow links in messages without applying a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that tricking people into installing software they didn't want to install is just a horrible way to do business.  It's being greedy bas***s.  That's all this is.  Adobe is getting paid by Google to push their products.  Adobe makes great products and I spend a lot of money on them.  It's really disgusting that they feel the need to make another penny or two by pushing more products that I don't want.  yes, there is an option to not install it.  If they're not pushing the Google products just to make an extra couple of pennies, then why doesn't it default to NOT installing the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines