• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Count outbound clicks on banners on my website?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a portal webiste with banner and texts advertising . the advertisers want to know the statistics of the clicks to their website. I searched Google Analytics, coudln't find it. it said I should use a Java script code within the links, to make it work. I am not a Java script propgrammer.

Does anyone have experience in this area?  any help is greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could have the link go to a ColdFusion page that writes to your database and then re-directs the user to the page he selected.  In fact, with cfthread you can do both at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I have been doing it for static banners. but I have  some other banners which rotates based on a Java Script code (I downloaded online) , and can't do this process with that.
there must be a java script code that is put within the <a href...> command, and triggers the incremental function.

do you know about that?

thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can get js to talk to cf with ajax.  I think cf has some tags to make that simple, but since I've never done it, I can't say for sure.  If I were to look it up, my google search string would be "coldfusion ajax".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation