• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to connect ODBC in coldfusion 10 datasource?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  Windows 7 64bit, Coldfusion 10 64bit, I have tried add csv driver and MS Access at 32bit ODBC driver, but still cannot work.

Please help what should I do?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use the 32-bit ODBC driver with 64-bit ColdFusion.  You have a number of options, though:

1. Install 32-bit ColdFusion instead, then you can use the 32-bit ODBC driver.
  2. Install Microsoft Office and the Microsoft Access 64-bit drivers (downloadable from Microsoft).
  3. Import your Access database into another RDBMS system, such as Microsoft SQL Server Express, MySQL, PosgreSQL (all free), or the Derby database system that comes with ColdFusion 10.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true.  You just have to use the 32bit ODBC setup app instead of the default 32bit setup app.  I'm running a 64bit Win 7 PC with 64 Bit CF10 and 32bit Office 2007/Access 2007 and have an ODBC datasource reading from the Access 2007 database.

Just Google something like "ColdFusion 10 32 bit Access datasource"  and you'll find the instructions (I'd list them here but don't remember the exact steps, plus it's an easy search and to be honest it's something you could have done before posting.  Google is your friend!)

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Reed,

I guess I stand corrected.  This blog post from Brent Frye outlines the steps to make that work.  I think I had fought to get CF10 64-bit on Windows Server 2008R2 working with Access 2010 databases, and was never able to get it working.  I've seen a number of other people having that same experience, and when they respond to the question the OP was asking (either on this forum or CF-Talk), the responses are generally those that I listed above.

I was going to test this on my dev machine, but I realized that when I installed ColdFusion 10, I intentionally didn't install the ODBC support.  I'm not sure if I can install it without having to do a full reinstall of ColdFusion (which I am loathe to do since I just got done upgrading it from CF9).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation