• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'd like to prepare and then print a 3d lenticular image. Can you please help?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to prepare and then print a 3d lenticular image. Can you please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Because the forum you originally posted in is for beginners trying to learn the basics of Photoshop, I'm moving your question to the Photoshop General Discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you actually be printing this/assembling it yourself? I work for a printing company and we usually outsource this type of work because it requires such a specialized process (in fact there are several types of lenticular).

If this is something you will be designing, but having someone else produce, my best advice would be to find a production vendor who specializes in the exact effect you're looking for. They would be able to give you the best specifics on how to set up the files and how to avoid any issues in the design. (For example, the last time I had to design a lenticular all I had to do was create the two separate images and the production vendor used their own program to stitch the images together.)

If you are printing/assembling yourself I have a few tips, but it may be lengthy and would depend on the actual effect you're trying to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the images already?  Or are you thinking of doing 3D rendering to create them?

As far as image prep goes, isn't it just a matter of interleaving columns of information from two different images?  Seems like one should be able to make a mask that would help with that, but it's not like you're making this stuff up from scratch, right?  Where are you thinking of having it printed?  Don't they have instructions or maybe even software to do the job for you?  I can't imagine such a place would stay in business long if they didn't facilitate people's preparation of the imagery.  I should think they would just require the two (or multiple) images that are going into the thing.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Just to add another reference point, you might want to explore Dr. Brown's resource on using Photoshop Extended for lenticular printing here: http://www.russellbrown.com/3D.html.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines