• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the hhc.exe being used by RoboHTML.exe?

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for (hopefully) getting an answer in my other thread, I'm trying to peek and poke around using procmon.exe to find out which file is being openened by what component when that mystical error occurs:

HHC6000: Error:

An internal file could not be created. Make certain there is enough disk space on the drive where you are compiling your file.

HHC5007: Error:

Fatal navigational compilation error. This is likely the result of an invalid contents (.hhc) file.

I'm wondering whether it is the Microsoft Help Compiler itself (\program files(x86)\HTML HelpWorkshop\hhc.exe

which apostrophizes itself by the same version banner as in the log window of RoboHTML.

But I cannot see it in the process list being invoked eventually by RoboHTML.

Any insight?

--

Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're making CHM's, then the old Microsoft HTML Workshop is being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_Coatsworth wrote:

If you're making CHM's, then the old Microsoft HTML Workshop is being used.

Thought so, too, but I can't find the file being invoked. Wouldn't hhc.exe be invoked?

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea - CHM's are so old that I don't even look at them anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_Coatsworth wrote:

No idea - CHM's are so old that I don't even look at them anymore.

This may apply to you, but we are using chm files all over the place in our applications.

And your answer doesn't solve my immediate problem.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh...I don't really see what your immediate problem is - you said that you were poking around procmon.exe to see what's happening. Maybe you need to put a call into Adobe Support to figure out whatever issue you're having. Just don't be surprised if RH has nothing to do with whatever issue you're running into with HTML Help Compiler - that's really old technology from Microsoft & they show no signs of ever updating or fixing anything in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Jeff,

my issue is the HHC 6000: Error. When it stems from the Microsoft HTML Help Compiler

I could find out what the command line is, invoke it manually with the command line arguments and see (using procmon) which files it opens and where the error occurs.

But it seems that it is not \program files(x86)\hhc.exe, since, when I rename that (the only occurance off hhc.exe in my system), RH9 continues working. So it must be using a diffenrent instance of a Microsoft HTML Help compiler.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp