• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Media Server and the Authentication Add-In

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Authentication Add-In (used to authenticate Adobe Live Media Encoders connecting to FMS) will not install with Adobe Media Server because it looks for Flash Media Server and does not recognise Adobe Media Server.

Is there a workaround or a new version of the Authentication Add-In?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Hi,

The new Add-In has been updated here : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3

This was the same place where you could grab the old add in from so please don't get confused. The 64-bit Add-Ins will now work with AMS 5. Please try it out and let me know if you're still facing an issue.

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin,

Could you tell me more specifically what the issue is that you're facing? Now that Flash Media Server has been rebranded to Adobe Media Server, the default installation path for AMS is /opt/adobe/ams. While installing the Authentication Add-In please change the install path to /opt/adobe/ams and try. Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have install Adobe Media Server Pro 5.0 on a Windows Server 2012 machine. The installation is working fine. When I try to install the authentication add-in I get the error "Please install Adobe Flash Media Server prior to installing this add-in", screenshot below.

I assume the problem is that the installation package looks for Adobe Flash Media Server and does not recognise the new name for the software.

Screen Shot 2012-10-04 at 08.59.38.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Justin. We were able to reproduce the issue and are looking into it. Currently we do not have any workaround for this issue. We'll get back to you with an update at the earliest. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I install the newest version Adobe Media Server 5 will the Authentication plug-in work? I am running on CentOS 5.8 64-bit presently with FMS Interactive Server, going to be upgrading very soon later this year.

Please let me know.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently release a new update for the Authentication plug-in that is compatible with AMS 5. You can download the same from here : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apurva,

The link you provided is takes me to the same old version of Authentication module which does not work with AMS. Any alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as before. Is the link incorrect or has the new version not been upload to the Adobe site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the old authentication plug-in download, it is not for AMS 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems Adobe knows about the problem but just ignoring it or they were too quick to release the new version. I have my server filter IP addresses through a custom main.asc file which does me no good except block legitimate publishers. We need to have this plugin. Also, if Adobe can work on blocking Wirecast FM 1.0 publishers on the new version of the plugin, that would be great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The new Add-In has been updated here : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3

This was the same place where you could grab the old add in from so please don't get confused. The 64-bit Add-Ins will now work with AMS 5. Please try it out and let me know if you're still facing an issue.

Thanks,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Authentication Add-In works with Adobe Media Server 5 on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question will it work running it on CentOS 64 bit version with Adobe Media Server 5.

Can someone please let me know, as I have to build a new server and migrate all of the data and configs to it.

Will this plug-in require authentication using Wire Cast as well - or will it not require a password when installed in Adobe Media Server 5 running on CentOS 5 64-bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new auth plugin still doesn't work against Wirecast/FM 1.0 agents. The only way I was able to block these agents was through the main.asc file you put in your application. On the function application.onConnect insert this

if( (p_client.agent.search("Wirecast")!=-1) || (p_client.agent.search("FM 1")!=-1) )

{

trace (p_client.agent + " FM 1.0/Wirecast agent detected ...rejecting connection from "+p_client.ip);

return false;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new auth plugin still doesn't work against Wirecast/FM 1.0 agents. The only way I was able to block these agents was through the main.asc file you put in your application. On the function application.onConnect insert this

if( (p_client.agent.search("Wirecast")!=-1) || (p_client.agent.search("FM 1")!=-1) )

{

trace (p_client.agent + " FM 1.0/Wirecast agent detected ...rejecting connection from "+p_client.ip);

return false;

}

How do you require WireCast agents to be forced to enter a password?

Where/how do you put this action script, does anyone have any examples?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aruser,

Please post your questions under a single topic so others can follow. I've already tried to answer your questions here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4865265#4865265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me too on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When I click on the link you provided, it redirects to another link and I'm able to download the old plugin which needs Adobe Flash Media Server installed. Any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to add users and set passwords for this authentication add-in Adobe Media Server 5\conf\users.exe not works,

When double clicking it just blinks CMD window and disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I download the token authentication plug-in?

Invalid connection:https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=fmle3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These are the steps you need to follow :

1. Download the Add-in from here :

www.adobe.com/go/learn_fms_authaddin_en.

2. Run the installer on the machine where FMS is installed. For windows run the msi. For linux untar the file and run the installSAA script.

3. The add-in installs the Server Access Adapter (under root_install/modules/access) and the Flash Media Encoder User Management utility (under root_install/conf).

4. Navigate to root_install/conf in the command prompt and run the following to add new user :

users add -u <username> -p <password>

5. Restart FMS.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines