Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install flash player

Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was working fine umtil about three or four days ago but now I keep getting a message saying I need to install the latest flash player. 

I have installed and reinstalled this 3 times and it still doesn't work. I have gone through all the steps to rectify this problem as shown on your website but still no luck. 

I have flashplayer 11.4.402.287 installed

My operating system is Windows Vista (32 bit)

My browser is IE (7 I think)

Is there a solution to this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Shockwave Flash Object add-on enabled in IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html ?

Also note that a new Flash Player version 11.5 was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can - I will look at the new version and see if that is any better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now installed version 11.5, I have checked the animation link to check if it is installed and running - and it is - but Flash Player still doesn't work!

I have a sneaking suspicion it is because I haven't installled Google Chrome - is this Adobe's way of making sure we all switch???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im thinking the same thing...have had the same problem for bout 6 wks.  Very frustating to say the least!  I thought the new update would fix it but not for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chrome is definitely not required to run Flash Player...

I'm a bit puzzled that you can see Flash Player enabled, but not recognized by IE.

All I can think of right now is to try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines