• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Unshelved" on digital editions 2.0

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have digital editions 2.0. I wish to see books that I have not placed on my newly created shelves. How do I do this. The expert help on Adobe chat were unable to help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I would bump this enquiry up the list, as it has been 17 hours since I originally posted it. Does no one on this forum have ANY thoughts about ADE 2.0 functionality regarding the use of shelves?

I can create shelves, place books on them, move them to other shelves, and even delete shelves. However, there is no way of displaying "unshelved" items. Even the "details" view of items does not reveal the shelf upon which a book resides. So there is no way of knowing if a book has been allocated a shelf.

This leads me to believe there is a short-fall in functionality on two counts. 1- There is no unshelved option. 2- The detail view does not provide a shelf column, even though the database must have such a column in order to manage the allocation of an item to a shelf.

I wish for someone with sufficient expertise in this area to come forward. I have tried the CHAT service from Adobe, but the operator said they had insufficient experise in the office to help me with my enquiry.

So can aonyone out there help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not quite clear about your question. But it sounds like not an ADE function. Are you talking about to get all books not in a bookshelf you created? ADE doesn't support this.

One more, you can select the books and drag to bookshelf you created again. This will not create duplicated items (just copy books not previously existed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek for trying to help me.

I will attempt to reformulate my situation.

I can create set set of shelves. I then go to "all items" a default ADE 2.0 bookshelf. I can then select and drag and drop a book onto a user created shelf. Naturally the item remains in the "all items" bookshelf. I can even place a book on more than one shelf. So far so good. I can view the book shelves and see the books that I have placed there.

Now the problem.

Which bookshelf or category do I go to, where I can see books that have not been place on any bookshelves? I need to do this as I have a lot of books, and wish to categories all of them in approrpriate ways. I wish to do this so to limit the view of books, so that I can ensure that all the books have been provided with a bookshelf.

The scenareo is a similar to this physical one.

I have a pile of physical books on a trolly. I go around the library filing the books on their appropriate bookshelf. I know when I have finished that task when the trolly is empty. That way I know that I have placed all the books on their respective bookshelves.

I am looking for the feature that represents the "yet to be placed on a bookshelf" trolly.

It is a simple design task for ADE to provide this feature. Ebook readers I know have this feature. I know which books I have not allocated to any bookshelf, by looking at the "unshelved" books. That is, like my scenareo, those that remain on the trolly. From a database perspective the "unshelved" is the query on all books that have a null entry on the bookshelf column.

I hope this explanation is helpful to prospective solution providers.

Derek, if your still with me. You say ADE 2.0 does not provide such a feature. Well, that is exactly my point. It should. If it does not how can I get Adobe to adopt this necessary feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is clear and same as my assumption. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines