• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.css missing glossary term in expanding dropdown text

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2006 Dec 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .css I have applied to a few topics isn't sniffing out the glossary terms inside some expanding dropdown text I have, so the color / font changes aren't being applied.

Is there some secret to get the .css to get applied to the glossary terms within the expanding dropdown? The glossary terms outside of the expanding dd are working fine and the .css color / font is applied to them.

I can go in manually in the dropdown text editor and modify the DHTML effects for the glossary words, but that's what the .css should be doing for me.

Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2006 Dec 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ClubHans

Are you absolutely certain that there is no inline formatting applied to these terms in the drop-down? That's what I would investigate.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2006 Dec 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Captiv8r
Are you absolutely certain that there is no inline formatting applied to these terms in the drop-down? That's what I would investigate.

Cheers... Rick

Unfortunately, yes. I made a brand new topic to test just that.

- Start up topic with my .css applied - check
- Put a sentence with a glossary term in it - check
- Make a drop-down hotspot - check
- Put a sentence with a glossary term inside of the drop-down hotspot - check

In both the View Selected Item eyeglasses and in the generated help, the results are the same:

My glossary term outside of the drop-down hotspot has the correct orange mouseover hover.
The glossary term inside the hotspot, however, does not.

Maybe RoboHelp is confusing itself and seeing an inline style when I click and drag the glossary term from the glossary list into the topic? Some wires must be getting crossed somewhere...

In the WYSIWYG editor, my glossary term does have a hover that says "Expanding Text". But that must be the way RoboHelp handles glossary terms; the "Expanding hotspot" and "Expanding text" appearances defined in my .css look nothing like my "Glossary term" and "Glossary text".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Ahhhh, methinks I see the issue. You are manually adding the glossary terms and manually inserting the definitions.

I don't belive the style sheet will work until you use the Glossary Hotspot Wizard to insert the terms. Click Tools > Glossary Hotspot Wizard and follow the prompts to enter hotspots this way and you should be set.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
heh I figured the Glossary Hotspot Wizard would get mentioned. Most (if not all) of my experiences with that "tool" have been less than favorable.

In fact, just for another test, I added a new word to the glossary. Then I put that new word outside of a drop-down hotspot and then put one inside a drop-down hotspot. After running the Glossary sniffer, and telling it to look anywhere and everywhere for all instances of that specific term... what does RoboHelp do?

It says there's only 1 instance of that term, and it goes and only finds the one in the drop-down hotspot. Everything's spelled correctly and all, it just happened to overlook the first one. (And I ran the wizard about 4 times just to see if it'd find it).

So about the term that it decided to find in the drop-down hotspot? Still the same as it would be had I manually put it in there - no mouseover hover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp