Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting default screen quality to "High"

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2012 Nov 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate v5.5

I am recording some screen shots from our corp. website to slides created in Captivate v5.5. I have set all the slides in Captivate with screen quality "High" yet all the slides I import after recording have screen quality "low".

I know I can change them but wonder is there a way to set the fault screen quality to "high" so all new slides added are "high" quality - or whatever I want them to be rather than having to keep changing them.

Noel

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2012 Nov 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

If you want the project content to have High Quality in published output, I would recommend you to try -- Edit-- Preferences, set the SWF Size and Quality to be High and that should take care of project quality in output.

If you have some object (with text, may be) on which you want to have enhanced quality to imporve readabilityy, you can do the same at slide level.

Let me know, if this does your work.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

Just a tip: Optimised is the way to go, because this quality has been 'optimised' since a couple of versions, will result in the best quality/size ratio, smaller filesize than High. Oh, I know about the popup warning for Optimised, that should have been taken away since a while. And I suggested, since bandwidth is now much less a problem than years ago (except for viewing on mobile devices) that the default quality would now be 'Optimised' instead of Low. I almost never use that default quality any more because it is insufficient for graphics (certainly if they do have transparency like the characters) and even for most text fonts. If you want to support my feature request, please do so.

It is a pity that this Slide Quality cannot be chosen in the Preferences.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anjaneai and Lilybiri,

So the way it works at the moment is this. When you create a project each slide you add will always be set to "low" quality and there is no way to change this in preferences or global settings.

When you preview you work it will be based on "low" quality slides unless you change them one by one as you import them.

Once you have finished the creation of your project and publish it, provided you have made the required changes in Project Settings - all slides that were "low" will be changed to the required quality setting as per the project settings in preferences.

When you open the project again - to edit it for example, I assume the slide quality is still "low".

I agree with you Lilybiri - Slide Quality should be an option in Preferences and the default settings should be "Optimised".

Thanks again both.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

I trust that this default quality will be changed in a future release.

Just want to add that you have the possibility to override all slide quality when publishing, by unchecking the option 'Reatin Slide Quality Settings' under Preferences, SWF Size and Quality. Then you can choose High (not Optimised, too bad). The preferences can be exported and imported in other projects (or templates).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I create a project and "manually" change the quality of each slide to "Optimied"  that I add  as I build up the project prior to publication - I must make sure the option "Retain Slide Quality" is ticked before publishing to make sure the published project retains "Optimised" slide quality - right ?

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, I prefer Optimised, and will mostly select all slides in the Filmstrip (CTRL-A) and the apply this quality setting to all at once. In that case you have to leave the option 'Retain Slide Quality' checked, depending on the kind of file the filesize when published will be smaller than when overriding and setting all slides to High. That is the reason why I pleaded with the team to have Optimised as default slide quality. In that case only users that really want to cut down on filesize should have to lower the quality.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clarification and I agree with you about having Optimised as the default slide quality.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources