Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't add extra files to package when exporting app for android

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an ActionScript Mobile Project in order to create an application for AIR for Android .

I need to include some files into the package, so that they are packaged with the application. For the moment I am including one extra swf file which the application will dynamically load.

I've placed these files into the bin-debug directory, and I have included them in the "package contents" in the Project Properties window. See screenshots 1 and 2.

However, when I do "export release build", in the "package contents" tab these files are not shown, and there is no way to add them (see screenshot 3).

How do I include files into the package? Or, since I have _already_ included a file into the package contents in the project, why is it not packaged when exporting the app?

By the way I have already been able to accomplish this in the past with Flash Professional. Actually I'm migrating to Flash Builder a project that previously I had done in Flash Professional, and I didn't have any trouble including this and other extra files into the package and everything worked.

Any idea?

thanks

m.

ss1.png ss2.png

ss3.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention, I have exported the application, and the mentioned file is actually NOT being included. I'm not just assuming it won't being included because it is not shown in the package contents before exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the same issue.... in visual studio, you set the properties of the object to something like, content and it builds it with the binary.. but flash builder, i'm stumped on how to get the release build wizard to recoginize the additions i've selected in the project properties -> build packaging -> package contents section... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines