• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invalid Menu Operation Error in CS6

Participant ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I've been seeing the little error indicator show up at the bottom-right corner of the Premiere screen after I import a file.  When I click on it, the error listed says, "Invalid Menu Operation".  I haven't noticed any negative effects from this, but I was wondering if anyone knows what it means.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that one yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2012 Oct 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that error as well...I don't know what it means either, although it doesn't seem to be affecting my editing ability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Adobe. I'm getting the error as well. What's it mean? I'm using  version 6.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep me too. I even called Customer Support and set up a support ticket with a gentleman, who gave me a name like Gerald but clearly was very unlikely to have ever been called Gerald,  and told me to e-mail the details. Did so, then got a series of emails asking me to e-mail that the problem was fixed, to which I replied "Ummm. no". Then came the "Reply to my e-mail or I will terminate the ticket" threats. My replies were not responded to. Thanks Customer Service, nice job.

Still the "Invalid menu operation" persists -as soon as I click on "File"- (CS 6.0.3) with no apparent problem. BTW it seems to happen only when I first open a project and does not reappear after being cleared until I close and open a project, same one, new or old.

While not an apparent problem or even any sort of issue that Adobe cares about either.

Aren't you glad you spent all that money?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical Adobe. I've found another bug. When using AME (Adobe Media Encoder) the file size estimates don't refresh when changing parameters. Really a bad thing for us because we upload 4 to 6 videos to the web a week and file size is critical. Won't even trouble to report it. They just don't listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I come to think of it you are right sometimes I get to see the file size estimates (Pr or Encoder) but most often there is no estimate or even accurate file size.

Yet one more nail...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had mixed results with reporting bugs / feature requests. Some have been fixed, some haven't, but if you don't report it you're guaranteeing that it won't be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jon. Everyone, please submit a bug report describing your problems in detail. Thanks!

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submitted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and upon submission got the

We're sorry, we encountered an error processing your request. page.

Tried again and got the same page. So more wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ 12towers: I guess I had better luck.

But the message is not encouraging.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks for your feedback! Requests and suggestions from our customers are what help us to continue creating cutting-edge, world-class software.

Due to the volume of submissions we receive, responses to inquiries are generally not possible. However, we may contact you if we need clarification on your submission.

@ Kevin Monahan.

I have tried this before with no result. When you say "decribe your problem in detail" there are very few details to describe other than, Turn on computer, open Pr, click on any project listed, wait, once open, click on "File" menu, and up pops the little red circle with a white x, click on that, "Events" dialog opens with "Invalid menu operation" listed. Tried clicking on "Details" nothing there.

BTW lately, and this could be me being more sensitive to quirks, but this version 6.0.3 seems to be more quirky than before, see my posts about the src\TickTime error. Which is of much more concern to me.

Except that I could easily miss a more urgent/concerning error thinking  "oh it's just that invalid menu thingy again..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, any movement on this or the Ticktime issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a month for an answer is fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi EselJaye,

Didn't Greg Baber point you to support on the "Ticktime" thread? Let me know if you need more help.

Regarding the Invalid Menu Operation error, I followed up with engineering and it appears that there is no obvious bug filed for this particular problem.

For those that filed a bug, I apologize that we didn't see it. I'll file one for you guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i don't think that is fair you reply as you don't find any issue as we report!!!This unacceptable!!!
i'm using premium production cs6 everytime when i open files and click to FILE/CLIP/TITILE/WINDOW and HELP menu button the error message will come out immeadiately than after clear all it will be ok but it will appear everytime when we first launch the project file?!

Please take note: when click the menu EDIT/PROJECT/SEQUENCE and MARKER that is ok no error message appear!
we paid for the software is because we trust it , we are not paying for trouble!!! this is a problem giving us when we working we don't know it will affect any of our project or not?

ADOBE engineering team should find out the problem!!!
the problem doesn't drop from the sky itself!!!??? Do you think we created the problem????

Here is my system detail!

i'm using WIN7 OS, nvidia Quadro 4000, DELL T5500

AND BELOW IS THE ERROR REFERRENCE

PLEASE DON'T GIVE US THE SAME FEEDBACK AGAIN THAT MUST BE SOMEWHERE GOES WRONG! PLEASE SOLVE THE PROBLEM THANK YOU!

my email address is laiyensu@gmail.com or ryanlai.tsb@gmail.com

invalid menu operation at cs6.0.3.pngnvalid menu operation REF1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan, it appears, to me, that, as Adobe has decided that they are no longer selling their software, just renting it online, they feel they do not have to service those of us who have laid out vast sums of hard earned (insert money moniker of choice) over the past year or so, or, as in my case, the last twenty plus years. After all there is only a few million of us!

Now that Adobe is Cloud centric does that mean that the ...quirks.. found in the online versions of their software has "drop from the sky itself!!!???"

Just wondering.

Before anyone gets upset, notice that I said "it appears, to me", how acurate that statement is, is anyone's guess, I make no claim of certainty.

Enjoy the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here we (well me) are a year or so later having gone to the cloud (mostly very happy with that BTW) and yet still in Pr CC2014 that pesky little "Invalid Menu Operation" warning/alert is still popping up! Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2015 Jun 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dateline June 20th 2015 just opened up my new old friend Pr CC2015 and guess what!

My even older friend the "Invalid Menu Operation" is still there, I am so happy! I was dreading not seeing that again.

Even better yet up pops a big red rectangle, not in the least scary.

There may be a touch of sarcasm in the above.

Seriously, I know I'm not the only one seeing this, and unless all the others are using the exact same set up as me...

It happens every time I open Pr and click on "File"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,
I saw another guy hit this error, as well. I'll make a note of it. Please file a bug here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

As you were typing/sending I was filing a bug report.

I think that was the third one I've filed since this began in the days of CS5/6.

I can close/open projects without a recurrence but if I close Pr and open up again... "Whoops there it is!"

Enjoy and Happy Daddy Day.

Thanks

Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error. Never seen it before, but I upgraded from 2014 to 2015 and it pops up when I click on "File".

Probably not related, but now that I've converted this project to 2015, I'm getting compiling errors, and I can't render anything from this project directly or from Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it seems it did not get fixed in the latest (yesterday 7/28) update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you manage to fix the error (invalid menu operation)? I came across it myself in the 24th year version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Oleg35921806skjt 

Make a new thread as this is a very old version.

Make sure you post your comp specs, Premiere version and build.
Also screenshots of MediaInfo info in Treeview on footage used, sequence settings

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Locked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines