• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH crashes after renaming project

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2006 Dec 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I can't find information about this problem anywhere. I have a RH html project (locally). RH version is X502. I renamed the project with File ->Rename project.
RH renamed the project, then promptly crashed. It crashes every time I open this project with a "RH needs to close this project" type message.

I deleted the CPD file and tried again with no luck.

I had rebooted after the first crash as I thought it might be due to the fact that I'd downloaded some Windows update (corporate machine) and it was asking me to reboot but I hadn't yet. That might have caused the problem?

In any event, bad me did not back up first. And I hadn't created any output yet.
I know I can create a new project and import the files but am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I did find Peter Grainge's information on "Opening Projects" and followed those steps. I did have to create the hhp file. Great info but when opening the hhp, I got the same crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK..once more...I read more in Peter Grainge's information and I have a slew of three-pane frame files in the project..that might be the problem..more trouble than not to delete and re-add so I will create a new project.
Thank you for all that terrific information Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp