• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash update now forces installation of Google Toolbar

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am exceedingly disappointed that Adobe is forcing this add-on upon my system, and am amazed that a company respected for its integrity and consumer trust would betray that trust and attempt to sneak one past its trusting users. I should like to update my flash product without any add-ons. Please direct me to a download package that does not bundle Google's or any other third party's products. Thank you for listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & version?

What is your web browser?

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1, and use all popular browsers.

Upon installation, the installation window displays three line graphs each representing a different installation, the first is the Flash update, the second is Google's toolbar and the third is Google Chrome. Although I download the update via my browser, I save it to disk and run the installation from there.

Google Chrome is already installed on my machine, and I do not want any toolbars.

Previously, Adobe's updates provided users with a preferences window wherein third-party offerings may be omitted from the installation, and I wonder why Adobe suddenly decided to disconcern itself with customers' interests.

Will Adobe be offering the update without the 'extras'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unacceptable that an Adobe Flash “update” is installing extras beyond just the update, and without permission.  @#)(*%()@#*%)(@#% ADOBE!!! 

I’m glad HTML5 has the promise of removing most, if not all, the need for Flash. 

I cannot trust Adobe and I hope the user community rejects this hijacking of our computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im very disappointed to.

Installing software on my computer without my permission -  I would consider illegal!!!!!

This is a very bad business decision by Adobe.

Shame on you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines