Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp WebHelp or XML files in a Content Management System

Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is creating a developers portal that will provide tools and documentation for developers using our SDK. We are using the Orchard CMS and are in the process of deciding whether to import the RoboHelp-generated files (either HTML or XML) into the CMS database, or just publish the RoboHelp-generated files on the server and link to them from the CMS. Does anyone have any experience importing RoboHelp output into a CMS? I'm afriad the import process is going to be difficult. I'm also concerned that I won't get all of the features that I use like the index or glossary when it's imported into a different CMS.

Thanks for any information you can provide me.

Carrie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carrie

I wonder if you might do better asking this question in a more general forum such as HATT in Yahoo Groups.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HATT/

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'll try that. I just thought that since I'm asking specifically about RoboHelp-generated files, a RoboHelp forum would be a good place to ask. Still think it is actually....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying it was wrong to ask here. It was just that you weren't getting any response and different people follow HATT. It occurred to me that someone there who did not follow this forum may have had experience of your scenario OR there might be someone with experience of Orchard who might have used it with some other authoring tool and been able to say that did or did not work.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks. I did post in HATT, but haven't heard anything. I'm just hoping someone on this forum has had some experience with importing files into a CMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp