• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 quiz error when editing the quiz.

Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to Presenter 8 as well as to Windows 7 64-bit and PPT 2010 32-bit.  Whenever I go into the quiz manager to edit an existing quiz, I receive this error:  Adobe Presenter has encountered an unexpected problem while working with your presentation.  Try saving your work to a new file and restart PowerPoint.

I have tried resaving my PPT and still the problem exists.  This has happened with PPTs and quizzes that were previously created in Presenter 7 as well as for new quizzes I have created in Presenter 8.

After installing the upgrade, I initially had problems publishing the courses to the My Document\My Adobe Presentation folder.  I had received the same error message.  I read suggestions to create a new Windows profile.  I worked with our IT department to do that, and I was then successful at publishing but now need this problem with quiz editing resolved.

Please help with any suggestions as I frequently update courses with edited quizzes.  If there is no remedy available, I will need to go back to using Presenter 7.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Just want to confirm that you have SP1 installed for your Windows 7.

Also make sure you have SP1 installer for MS Office (http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=26622).

Does this Error comes on a blank presentation as well ?

As a testing try using Adobe Presenter 8 on a different user account on your computer.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram,

Yes, I have SP1 installed for both Windows 7 and for MS Office.

I just now created a required-passing quiz with a blank presentation, saved it, reopened it and I was able to edit the quiz.  I have tried several times, however, when I attempt to edit a required-passing quiz that was created in a course developed with Presenter 7.  I have worked with Presenter 7 courses for 5 years and have never experienced this problem; however, I do frequently need to go back to these courses and make edits.  Since installing Presenter 8, it has been very frustrating as I've had to delete the quizzes and recreate them.

I'm not certain what you want me to try as far as using a different user account on my computer (or how to do this).

Thanks,

Madonna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Create a new user account on your Windows 7 (Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manager User account)

Make sure you have Presenter 8.0.1 updates installed.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources