• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS XMLSocket Connection to .Net Web Server

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an interactive environment (classroom) and I would like to create an HTML 5 client.  For example, I already have Flash Clients which connection via RTMP in order to send/recieve data events, as well as live audio.

Can I use the XMLSocket class (or something else) to create a connection to a web server (for example .Net).  The web server would then act as an intermediary between the Flash Media Server and the HTML 5 client.  The web server could communicate with the HTML 5 page via AJAX, and the Web Server and FMS could hopefully communicate via the XMLSocket.

When events are dispatched to clients on the server, a message would also be sent via the XMLSocket to the web server.  The web server could then relay these messages via AJAX.

Would the XMLSocket functionality in FMS be compatible with a .Net application via a Socket Connection?  Is there a better way to relay messages between Flash Media Server and an HTML 5 page?  The interaction requires two way communication, for example Chat.

The other component to the process is the Live Audio.  My plan is to use HTTP Live Streaming HLS to play the live audio on a mobile device using HTML 5 tags.  I have been having some trouble getting this working, but my focus for this question is the data event messaging side of the equation.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

XMLSocket functionality in fms is compatible with any socket based application. Just that Flash player 9 onwards implements a security feature in which SWF's making socket connection to a remote host requires a socket policy file on the server. For this it tries to make connection to port 843. So, you can have a socket listening on port 843.

When the Flash player tries to make a socket connection, it sends the following XML string to the server:

<policy-file-request/>

Then, the socket listening on port 843 must send the following XML in reply:

<cross-domain-policy>

<allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" />

</cross-domain-policy>

* is the wildcard and means "all ports/domains". If you want to restrict access to a particular port, enter the port number, or a list or range of numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines