Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why ship Google Chrome with security updates to Flash Player

Nov 07, 2012 Nov 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want it, I will not install it, it wastes time downloading. Stop sending it to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand.  If you remember in the future, please uncheck the "opt out" checkbox before initiating the installer download.

11-9-2012 6-31-29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember the European Competition authorities made a judgement against Microsoft for only shipping Internet Explorer with Windows. How can you only ship the Chrome option with Adobe updates, why do you not give users the option to download other browsers?

Regards

Chris Fearn

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 19:32:33 -0700

To: chriswfearn@msn.com

Subject: Why ship Google Chrome with security updates to Flash Player

Re: Why ship Google Chrome with security updates to Flash Player

created by Chris Campbell in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

I understand. If you remember in the future, please uncheck the "opt out" checkbox before initiating the installer download. http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-4836417-253139/450-316/11-9-20126-31-29PM.png

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4836417#4836417

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chris,

Our third party offers are optional, and differ depending on your currently used OS and browser.  For example, if you are using Mozilla Firefox, we currently offer a McAfee security utility.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines