• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't stop recording in Captivate 6/Mac

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2012 Nov 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in 6 for Mac, OS 10.6.8. Can't stop recording in either sw simulation or video mode. CMD-Enter does not work, nothing works, I have to force quit.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

The 'Adobe Captivate 6' folder that Anjaneai directed you to IS the preferences folder for your Captivate 6 installation.  Just rename that whole folder or delete it, and Captivate 6 will recreate it fresh next time it launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Cmd + Enter  or  Cmd + Return?

Also, try changing the Shortcut to something else, like Cmd+A or Shift+Q and see if this works in a New reocrding?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjaneai,

Thanks for your interest. I tried Cmd + Enter, Cmd + Return, and every other random combination and function key I could think of, to no effect.

I was unable to change the shortcut keys in Preferences. The fields are uneditable.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw, you can end your recording by clicking on Captivate icon in your dock.

I am able to change the shortcut key in Preferences panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rakshi,

Sounds like you may need to delete/rename your Preference folder so that Captivate restores it on next bootup.  Your Preferences folder may be corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking the Captivate icon does not work. I don't know why I can't change the shortcut key, I was able to do so in my previous version of Captivate.

How do I delete/rename my Preferences folder? I could not find it in my Captivate folder. I found a utility called "Clean Preferences" and I used it, but it did not help.

Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this--

Open Finder-- Go to Folder-- "~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Captivate 6", rename this folder and make sure you have closed the Captivate first, relaunch and the try chnaging shortcut again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't find the Preferences folder. The method you suggested opened a window with 9 random files and folders in Captivate (backup_data, Themes, Workspace etc.), but none are Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'Adobe Captivate 6' folder that Anjaneai directed you to IS the preferences folder for your Captivate 6 installation.  Just rename that whole folder or delete it, and Captivate 6 will recreate it fresh next time it launches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both! I threw out the Preferences folder, and now I can stop recording using Cmd-enter.

I still can't edit the keyboard shortcuts in Preferences, but at the moment that doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2013 Jan 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem using the same system(Captivate 6, Mac OS 10.6.8). Deleting the Preferences folder has not fixed the problem. Any other suggestions? A re-install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2013 Jan 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Captivate 6, Mac OS X 10.7.5) I have tried deleting the Preferences folder, uninstalling and re-installing, and nothing worked. Finally, I figured it out.

When beginning to record, I had seen a small message pop up about preferences, but I thought it was talking about a setting in Captivate. Finally figured out it was talking about a setting on my Mac.

Go to System Preferences, then into Universal Access, and click Enable Access for Assistive Devices.

Now I am able to stop recording. Cmd+enter still doesn't work, but I am able to click on the Captivate icon in my dock to end a recording.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, amazing, but it fixed my problem. Many thanks.

Quoting "m.pierce" <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

m.pierce created the discussion

"Re: Can't stop recording in Captivate 6/Mac"

To view the discussion, visit:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5017987#5017987

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Captivate 7 in Mavericks (after the patch finally came through).

I also can't end recordings. I've tried changing the shortcuts, deleting preferences and other suggestions here (dock icon etc. etc.). Nothing works. I have to crash the program which leaves me with nothing.

Also, when trying to record it tells me to set a System Preference which I can't find in the Preferences Panel under Accessibility.

I assume that the Mavericks patch is only enough to get the program running and that this is another issue that hasn't been addressed.

Once again, disappointed that Captivate can't seem to to basic things that I require.

Any help most appreciated.

Cheers,
Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a suggestion, but...a lot of people are still unaware that after you install any update patch to Captivate you should always trash your Preferences folder and allow Captivate to create a new fresh one on next launch.

If you didn't do that (and you make no mention of it) then I'd suggest you do so, and maybe even clean out your Project Cache as well (button in the Preferences > General section).

Instructions for deleting the Preferences folder for MAC users are found earlier in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

Thanks very much for the response. Actually that's what I meant by 'deleting preferences'. However wasn't aware of the Project Cache thing, so will try that too.

Cheers,
J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had this same issue and was able to end it by clicking on the captivate icon in the status bar at the top of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources