Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live Photoshop 3d in after effects CS6

Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can i active this effect?

ive seen some videos in cs4 with live photoshop 3d and its beautiful

peapole that draw camion, cube, car etc than import in AE and active this effect to work with a full 3d layer in AE U_U how can i do this?

please help me

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

The feature to import 3D object layers from Photoshop as live 3D objects is not in After Effects CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature to import 3D object layers from Photoshop as live 3D objects is not in After Effects CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how can i import 3d object in AE?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need plug-ins like Video CoPilot Element 3D or Zaxwerks Invigorator.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which one is better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than the fact that they can both bring in 3d models, they are quite different beasts.

One thing Element has going for it is the render speed.

As for which is better, it depends on what you're hoping to use it for. Look at what each of them can do and make a decision based on the kind of work you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zax has a free demo. I don't recall if Element does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damn... what are the principal differences between them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2014 Mar 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

So let me get this straight: I see all these tutorials about how easy it is to import, say, a .3ds model into AE using PhotoShop as a middleman, yet the Live PhotoShop 3D option isn't available in CS6? And I have to pay for some 3rd party plugin to achieve the import?

Color me disappointed. Importing a simple 3D model should be core functionality of a visual effects editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Importing a simple 3D model should be core functionality of a visual effects editor.

That's why After Effects CC (12.0) and later come with Cinema 4D (a full 3D application) in the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

> Importing a simple 3D model should be core functionality of a visual effects editor.

That's why After Effects CC (12.0) and later come with Cinema 4D (a full 3D application) in the package.

That doesn't explain why you'd remove previous functionality from CS6 in the interim. CC isn't an option for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop radically changed how they handled 3D at a time in our development cycle when there was not enough time left for us to adapt, so we had to disable the functionality in After Effects to import 3D layers from Photoshop. We decided after that that we should spend our efforts on integrating with a real 3D application that many of our customers used (Cinema 4D) rather than an application that had a much more limited and idiosyncratic 3D feature set that few people used (Photoshop).

So, we now have tight integratin with Cinema 4D and include Cinema 4D with After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. So is there a free way to import 3D models to AE CS6? Not so sound cheap, but I don't control my budget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In After Effects CC there is Cinema 4D included?

Really???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FULL version of Cinema 4D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the page that I pointed to. It has the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

Read the page that I pointed to. It has the details.

It doesn't say anything about a free way to import 3D models into AE CS6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was responding to Lee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

I was responding to Lee.

I know. That was my way of asking you to respond to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got your answer about how to import 3D items into After Effects CS6 in posts 3-6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

You got your answer about how to import 3D items into After Effects CS6 in posts 3-6.

So the answer is "no." Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was disappointing. That is why we spent a lot of resources to fix it for the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

Yes, it was disappointing. That is why we spent a lot of resources to fix it for the current version.

Noted, but it's not like CS6 is 20 years old. I feel a little strongarmed as a CS6 user, to be honest with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. Why do you feel strong-armed? Are you saying that you expect us to go back to a previous version and add new features to it, as opposed to adding new features to the current and future versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines