• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The whdata, whgdata and whxdata folders are not being created in my output folder.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is why aren't the whdata, whgdata and whxdata folders being created in my output folder. It is only when I am recompiling the project into the previous location. 

As a result my INDEX and SEARCH functions are not functional.

I wonder why this is happening? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Another way to look at it is before I compile, if I physically delete the whdata, whgdata and whxdata folders prior to compiling, all goes well. If I don’t, the three folders get deleted and do not get recreated. Afterward, when the three folders are not there, when I recompile, they appear again.

I have run this project sucessfully for 3 months now with numerous topic updates and only recently has the issue developed. Nothing new has been installed.

I am running RH 10 on IE9 compiling WebHelp and this issue appears on my hard drive, not a network.

Here is the compile information as it appears in my OUTPUT VIEW:

Starting compilation...

WebHelp preprocessor 10.0.0.287

Clearing output folder...

Compiling \\stkprod14\users1\DANIALM\desktop\Documents\RoboHELPData\RoboHelp Office\ask_sadie_web_merge\generate\mergedProjects\Finger Lakes Collection\Finger_Lakes_Collection.htm ...

Preparing to create WebHelp...

Preparing files for WebHelp...

Copying files...

Updating files...

Finished preparing in 24 sec(s)

Any ideas appreciated.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you generating to a network location?

You must generate to a local drive and publish to network locations.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Can you try generating the WebHelp to some other location. Also if you are using Win7 OS then please make sure that you have proper read/write access to the folder in which you are generating WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is a long shot, but a similar issue plagued all our writers: Is your RoboHelp installed silently? We have found that the whxdata files were not created correctly when RoboHelp was installed silently.

Our solution was to uninstal Robo, manually install the trial and call IT to enter the license key.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp