• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do you attempt to install google chrome and google tool bar on my computer?

Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do you attempt to install google chrome and google tool bar on my computer?  All it does is piss me off.  If I had wanted those items on my computer I would install them myself.  I don't need Adobe to try and trick me into installing them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably do this because they are paid to do so by Google.  That is the way of the world these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but my question was rhetorical.  From where I sit Adobe does themselves more harm then good by attempting to trick people into installing software they do not want on their computers.  I absolutely hate this type of crap and it lowers my overall opinion of Adobe.  In the future if I have a choice between Adobe software and a competitor's software I wil choose the competitor's because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you completely.  I am getting fed up by being tricked into installing software because I neglected to untick something.  If I want to install Chrome I will make that decision myself without any help from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just got a frantic call from my Aunt. She said she thought she updated Flash, but instead messes up her computer. She won't use it anymore until I come and fix it. Internet Explorer said it was not the default browser and she needs to use it. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines