Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I always trusted Adobe but now I will never update Adobe flash Player again

Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always trusted Adobe but now I will never update Adobe Flash Player again, since it changed my settings and imposed Chrome and an unwanted toolbar on me, without warning or options.  THAT'S INDEED MALWARE!!!  I had to restore my computer to a previous restore point and I'm warning all my friends, colleagues, customers, and relatives to say no from now on to Adobe Flash updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to decline the optional partner products (Chrome, etc) is clearly shown on the Flash Player download page right above the download button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Dave said... I just built a new computer for my wife, so EVERYTHING had to be installed for the first time

The print is not always large, but there IS always an option to uncheck the default "also install this"

Microsoft also "gives" bundled software with some installs

You simply MUST take the time to read the screens so you know what you are doing

ADDED

I can't remember the name, but a "small" utility program I installed on her computer came with a "helpful" box pre-checked to install the ASK toolbar into Internet Explorer... which I UN-checked

Even small companies have bundling deals... so you simply MUST read all install screens very carefully

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen so many complaints about this recently that I started to believe it; that the update utility provides a link that has the bundled software already in it, without a checkbox to uncheck.

I asked each of these users for a screenshot or URL, but so far nobody has provided any, so it is very difficult to pursue.  (I have performed an update prompted by the update utility in one of my machines, but it went through the page that had the checkbox on it.)

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines