• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why No Choice Now on Google Toolbar?

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stopped the Flash Player update three times today because it keeps including the Google Toolbar.  There used to be a little box to uncheck if you didn't want it or other stuff to be incuded with the Flash Player.  Bring back our choice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May i know the browser you are using to download Flash Player?

I tried the same with Firefox and IE both and we have that option to uncheck the additional softwares.

Google Chrome with Flash Player--IE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Explorer 9.  Never had a problem until this latest update.  I see someone else posted about the same problem.  No choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange, i just tested the same with my IE 9 as well and it worked. Try resetting IE 9 settings and check if that helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

You might also check the same with an alternate browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the exact same problem. I tried out the Adobe live chat support and was told to contact my local IT support organization. There seems to be no way to avoid Google Toolbar from beeing installed with the Flash Player Update.

This is not a IE 9 settings issue. Its a Flash Player installer issue. You dont use a browser to run automatic updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have multiple ways to avoid having Google Toolbar (or any other third party offer) from being installed when updating Flash Player.

1. The easiest way is to uncheck the checkbox seen in the screenshot above.

2. Don't download the update.  After 30 days (or sooner if a zero day security update is made available) Flash Player will be automatically updated for you without any chance of third party software being included.  Just make sure you have your update mechanism set to "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" in your Flash Player control panel.

3. Use one of the stand alone installers, which you can find at this link:  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Sometimes when starting Windows a window pops up asking you to update Adobe Flash Player. I refer to this as a request for automatic update. This happened to me yesterday.

I want to keep things up to date so I clicked the OK button.

No further questions were asked.

A few moments later a new window popped up with information about successful installation of Flash Player update and Google Toolbar. (There were three progress bars at the bottom of that window, one for Flash player update, one for Google Toolbar and one for Google Chrome. I have Chrome installed already so I cannot confirm if that also is installed with the update, it was not on my machine.)

Google Toolbar was installed and present in the IE gui. It had to be removed manually.

I have had no opportunity at all to avoid installation of Google Toolbar. No possibility to deselect. No information about the upcoming situation that could have helped me decide wheter or not to install the update. Just silent installation of bundled sw.

// Svante

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Edensvard - I realize it's been a week since this occurred, but you might want to check your browser history.  You should have at least one entry that start with https://get3.adobe.com.  If so, can you list them out for me?

After clicking the button (labled "download" I believe) your web browser should appear.  The installer that has the capability to install more than Flash Player can only be downloaded from a web page, not from the Flash Player runtime itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

The only post in the history list that i can trace to adobe is from last week aihdownload.adobe.com and specifically install_flashplayer11x32axau_gtba_chra_dy_aih.exe.

I.e. no reference to get3.... at all. I have also searched the entire history for adobe.

// Svante

27 nov 2012 kl. 22:31 skrev Chris Campbell <forums_noreply@adobe.com>:

Re: Why No Choice Now on Google Toolbar?

created by Chris Campbell in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

@Edensvard - I realize it's been a week since this occurred, but you might want to check your browser history. You should have at least one entry that start with https://get3.adobe.com. If so, can you list them out for me?

After clicking the button (labled "download" I believe) your web browser should appear. The installer that has the capability to install more than Flash Player can only be downloaded from a web page, not from the Flash Player runtime itself.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4878437#4878437

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Svante,

Can you give me the full URL in your browser history?  Does this match up to the day when you downloaded Flash Player?  The official Flash Player update dialog (seen in this post) does not link directly to this .exe.  This only comes from either get.adobe.com\flashplayer or get3.adobe.com.  The only other possibility I can think of is that you have a third party utility on your system that is prompting you to update and then giving the incorrect link.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris,

http://aihdownload.adobe.com/bin/live/install_flashplayer11x32axau_gtba_chra

This dates back to Monday last week, when I reported the issue.

I updated another computer yesterday and it seems to be fixed, I got the

webpage where I could select not to install any bundles.

// S

2012/11/29 Chris Campbell <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Re: Why No Choice Now on Google Toolbar? created by Chris Campbell<http://forums.adobe.com/people/chris.campbell>in

Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4882191#4882191

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines