Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Flash videos won't play in Firefox

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH9

I have a webHelp project that I have finally got to work fine in all browsers except for one detail. The Flash videos in the project won't play when using Firefox as the browser.

The project is at http://www.rhino3d.com/5/help/

An example topic with videos is http://www.rhino3d.com/5/help/Commands/Arc.htm

The videos play in all the browsers I have tried except Firefox and Waterfox.

Other test videos, like the ones on the Adobe pages work fine.

Any ideas?

Another question, but minor. If you play a video, you will notice that it jumps up a couple of pixels. I once saw an article about how to make this stop happening, but now I can't find it. Does anybody know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How did you insert the video?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a script. The script first displays a preview image and then starts the video when the display image is clicked. An example is available at http://www.rhino3d.com/5/help/Commands/Arc.htm.

The script works fine in every browser except Firefox.

~Margaret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I looked at the link myself and also saw it didn't work in FireFox. (FireFox is my default browser of choice.

Sorry, drawing a total blank on what you might consider doing to make it work. One thing I did notice was that it's Flash. And maybe it depends on the Flash Player/Plug In? I know that FireFox and IE implement Flash differently. So it's quite possible that you have different Flash versions installed for each browser. And if one version dislikes the SWF, it would exhibit this behavior.

So one troubleshooting step would be to note the exact version of Flash for each browser. Then see if they are different. (my guess is that they will be) and if so, uninstall Flash in FireFox and install the identical version of the Flash Add In that IE is using.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp