• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change popup colors in RH10

Participant ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH10, HTML, compiling a .chm file.

According to Adobe support, there is no way to change the color of visited popups.  Does anyone have suggestions as to how to do this?  I find it hard to believe that visited popups would not have a different color.

I have submitted a bug report on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the issue here is that the link to a popup is the same as the link to any topic, as far as the browser is concerned. If you wanted all your links to have a specific colour when visited it would be quite easy. There is some information in Snippets on my site about that. Your requirement though is that the colour only applies to links to popups.

I think that could be achieved by creating a class of links where all the colours are the same as already defined but you set a different colour for visited links for this class.

Rh10's style editor makes this easier than before. Perhaps the RoboHelp Tour on my site will help on that.

Post back if you are still stuck.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter –

I’m not sure I am explaining myself properly, so let me try some graphics….(please recall, that I am generating a .chm file):

In this example, the word ‘manual’ is formatted as a popup:

In this example, the word ‘Allowance Factors’ is formatted as a hyperlink:

In the compiled version, once I select Allowance Factors, that link changes color to indicate that it is a ‘visited’ link. However, once I select ‘manual’ it does not change colors:

I have this same project edited in RH8, and the colors do reflect a visited link:

I would like to have visited links change colors in an RH10 project, just like the RH8 project.

I am not familiar with ‘creating a class of links’, but considering this lengthy (sorry) explanation, is that suggestion still accurate?

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tina – the forum software strips off images & all attachments – use the web site version and the camera icon to upload images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff - my bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies to everyone regarding my missing graphics, let's try again:

In this example, the word ‘manual’ is formatted as a popup:

sized popup.jpg

In this example, the word ‘Allowance Factors’ is formatted as a hyperlink:

sized hyperlink.jpg

In the compiled version, once I select Allowance Factors, that link changes color to indicate that it is a ‘visited’ link.  However, once I select ‘manual’ it does not change colors:

sized generated example.jpg

I have this same project edited in RH8, and the colors do reflect a visited link:

sized RH8 example.jpg

I would like to have visited links change colors in an RH10 project, just like the RH8 project.

I am not familiar with ‘creating a class of links’, but considering this lengthy (sorry) explanation, is that suggestion still accurate?

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this down to my first thought. Can you import the topic into a new Rh10 project using the same CSS and send it to me?

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project created and sent to you. Hope you can help!

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to concede that Support are right. I created a specific style for your popups and using the same logic as with normal links, it does not change the colour. I suspect the reason is that with an ordinary link a new page is presented and that triggers the mechanism that tells the browser history another page has been visited. That does not happen with popups, no new page is summoned.

Your IE browser history is what records visited pages. If you clear that, you will see the visited colour of your links resets until you click the link again.

Maybe there is a way of doing this with javascript but that is outside my territory.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter –

I received the following information from Sameer at Adobe, as a response to the bug report I submitted:

In RH10 as well you can change the colors of visited popup/links via CSS Editor. The UI is slightly modified. Open the CSS in CSS editor. Click on Hyperlink tab to expand it. Select the type of link whose attribute you need to change. In the right side of css editor window you will have a drop down named Pseudo-class. This drop has various option pertaining to hover, visited, unvisited etc. (as was in earlier version of RH).Select the needed drop-down item in pseudo-class and change the attribute as per your wish.

However, when I tried to implement this fix, the visited popup colors still did NOT change. I have sent this information back to Sameer, but thought I would pass it on to others, maybe it will work for someone else…

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what Sameer is talking about and that is what I tried. I will contact Sameer.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent – let me know what you learn!

Thanks,

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer has confirmed that popups will not show as visited.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for following up Peter. Since this functionality was available in previous versions of RH, I will re-submit a bug report on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp