• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter quiz action step upon a failing grade is not working.

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Connect 9 and Presenter 8.  I have made a quiz and added the action step that upon a failing grade (< 80%), that the quiz revert to slide 1.  I have allowed for 2 attempts.  This is not happening.  Nothing happens.  The quiz remains on the final grade reporting page.  If I close the quiz and then reopen it to take it again, nothing at all.  In fact, then only 10 or the original 22 questions show up.

I've set the action step in both the quiz and the question set in the pass/fail options window.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have a slide after the quiz resuts slide. The "Continue" button can't call an action unless there is something for it to continue on to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I added a slide after the quiz results and changed the "continue" settings to: if fail go to slide 1, if pass go to last slide, but nothing is happening.  Quiz just stops on last answer slide.  Not even results slide appears now.  Maybe I'm not uploading the new content correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so now that I have the new content uploaded correctly, this is what is happening.  When I fail the quiz, it stops on the last quiz question.  No quiz results.  If I close it out and go back into the quiz, it only shows a few questions, but I can't click on anything "submit" "continue" or click on an answer.  Says I have 1/Unlimited attempts (which I thought I programmed in 2 attempts max).  What can I do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get stuck on the last question can you click the next slide button on the play bar to get to the quiz summary slide?

As to the Unlimited attempts, the number of attempts for the quiz should be set at the server level. Go to the Edit Information section of your course, and set the attempts to 2 there. Leave the number of attempts allowed in Presenter at 1. Setting it to 2 means that it only reports your answers if you fail it twice or pass it. If you fail it twice, then the server sees only the last attempt and tracks it as one attempt.

Also, setting the number of attempts on the Presenter side of things will not restrict people from accessing it a second, third, fourth, etc. time from the server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try your suggestions.  To answer your question, no, I can not click on the next slide button.  Also, all slides are listed in the outline while I am taking the quiz.  When I answer the last question and fail the quiz, the last 2 slides (quiz results and final slide) disappear from the outline.  There are no actions to take but to close the window.  Don't know if this information helps any.

Thank you for helping me on this issue.  It is driving me a bit crazy and I have a couple of participants stuck at the end of the quiz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing.  I'm a little confused about the attempts and what the system tracks.  I want participants to be able to take the quiz twice and I want to see both sets of results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about getting stuck at the end of the quiz. Maybe there is a slide that was missed/not tracked so it is not letting them move on. I'd call Support about that, 800-945-9120

As to the tracking, set the number of attempts allowed in Presenter to one. This may mean that the fail branching is no longer needed, as they will not be able to interact with the quiz again untill they close and reaccess the training from the server. Then on the server set the number of attempts to 2. This way Presenter will report the user interactions, pass or fail, and they will have only two attempts to pass the course. After they pass or fail it twice, the learner will access the training in Review Mode, where their interactions are no longer tracked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any possiblility of share your Presentation with us on tcssup@adobe.com ?

Thanks,
Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can email the presentation when I get home tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can add multiple attempts by going to --

Quiz-- Manage-- Edit Quiz-- Pass/Fail.

PresenterAttempts.jpg

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problem,

I have a quiz inside a presentation (Adobe Presenter 8, MS Power Point),

in the "Pass and Fail Options" of the quiz, I set the pass/fail options,

I would like the learner to be transported to a website when they have successfully complete the quiz,

so in the  "if passing grade action" i select to open a URL, and insert the valid URL

after the quiz, the quiz stop at the marks report, and the "continue" button doesn't take the student to the URL.

did i forget something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have a slide after the quiz results slide. This is because the action that is cued based on the passing or failing grade happens as the presentation leaves the quiz results slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope.. not working even after i add a slide at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating an new quiz in a different PPT deck and seeing if the behavior is still not working? I'll see if I can dig up where that functionality lies elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, in testing the passing of the URL works when hitting the continue button, but if I don't have the http:// placed in front of the URL in Presenter (was placed automatically when putting 'www' at the begriming of the URL) then a local file path call is attempted instead of going to the URL.

Additionally looking at the viewer.xml file in the published presentation, there is a line at the bottom of the file that shows the action that will happen when the user passes/fails. It should look similar to this:

<quiz quizID="10004" title="Quiz" numQuizAttemptsAllowed="1" minScore="0" passingScore="80" percent="true" passingGradeAction="url" passingGradeActionArg1="http://www.yahoo.com" passingGradeActionArg2="1" failingGradeAction="nextSlide" failingGradeActionArg1="" failingGradeActionArg2="1" questionAdvance="optional" quizAdvance="optional" showProgress="minimal" allowBackwardMovementInQuiz="true" allowReviewMode="true" passedScoreFeedback="Passed" failedScoreFeedback="Failed" shuffleQuestions="0">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the part of the code in viewer.xml that you mention, the URL is there but it’s not transferring to the URL.

Andreas U Kuswara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing it locally may be the issue. It could be a Flash Security setting that will not allow it to call to the web. Have you tried playing it from a Connect or other web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, what version of Presenter are you using? Figured we should put that out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using Presenter 8 with Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 on Windows 7 machine.

Andreas U Kuswara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won’t be publishing to the Adobe Connect,

If I FTP upload it to a normal web server, should it work?

Andreas U Kuswara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.. it works

http://csusap.csu.edu.au/~akuswara/testweb/play2/index.html

but in the original project, it didn’t work.

So I’ll just redo the quiz in a new pptx file and upload it to the web, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Would the “preview” also encounter the same problem since it’s running from local?

Andreas U Kuswara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preview will most likely have the same issue. The only way to get a truly honest test of the presentation is to play it from a web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It works.

Curious though, I start from a new file, use the same template, and enter the question one by one again, luckily there are only 10 of them, and upload to web server and viola… all work.

Maybe it’s better to work out and prepare the quizzes beforehand than to fiddle around with the question items in the system when it’s already in there?

Cheers

Andreas

Andreas U Kuswara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to remove all the slides that contain the quiz and rego the quiz, but i haven't done so in a new file. I'll try to do that today when i get to the office, so make a completely new file and redo the quiz?

Andreas Kuswara

Sent from mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources