• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

11.5.31.2 not playing slideshows

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.5.31.2 is not playing the slideshows in my galleries and proofing sections of my business website. www.skippingstonesphotography.com  Can you help?  I use chrome and everything is updated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jen,

I am having the same problem with 11.5.31.2 in Chrome 23 at www.antenoraarchitects.com

Your site plays beautifully in IE. Chrome is also butchering your slideshow soundtrack.

I hope we can both find some solutions from the forum!

Best of Luck

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried beta 11.5.502.118 and still bug is there.

It seems this: MovieClipLoader class not returning onLoadComplete event

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3363562

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fabio-cams,

My IE browser had 11.4.402.287 installed and was working beautifully. I just upgraded to 11.5.502.110 and my Flash based slide animations are broken! Serves me right for thinking newer was better, I suppose. But I have clients and potential new clients coming to my site daily, so I cannot afford for this to continue. What do you think I should do? This is a disaster!

Thank you for your input,

Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to try this.....I found it on a different thread, but it doesn't help clients that are trying to use my site!!!

First, help us help you by filing a bug here: http://bugbase.adobe.com/

Include an example that we can access to reproduce and debug the issue.

As a temporary workaround, chrome users can revert to the older NPAPI plug-in in chrome by disabling the newer PPAPI plug-in and installing the NPAPI version of Flash Player.

There are instructions in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4838036

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe: this is a pretty serious bug guys; need to fix ASAP!

As an aside if a show stopper like this get past pre release testing need to ask some questions ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will probably be my last update on this isssue:

I have spoken with Adobe Support and their Official response is, " Contact your web developer to have them re-author you website on the currrent version of Flash". So having spent in excess of $10,000 on creating a website which has been bulletproof for five years, Adobe destroys it with an "UPDATE"??? You must be kidding!

Flash is dead on the vine when they, themselves break working business websites with unecessary version changes. Unresponsive. Unprofessional. Short-sighted.

Thanks for nothing. I will be abandoning Flash ASAP. WAKE UP, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would be nice if Adobe commented on this thread to give some certainty so we can conatct clients and let them know?

With Javascript and HTML 5 evolving  I have been wondering when the time will come for Flash. If Adobe are really taking this attitude then perhaps its time 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is ridiculous!  This is a huge problem for anyone with a web based business....I may be able to screw around with my browser to view slideshows, but clients are not going to do that!  My website has worked glitch free since 2007!  I am going to contact the company that does my site and see what they are doing with all of the other clients that are experiencing this....:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So my saga continues. After getting  Adobe's Official response, " Contact your web developer to have them re-author your website on the currrent version of Flash" and much wailing a gnashing of teeth...I did just that. My website developer took pity on me and took my FLA files and exported new SWF file for the whole site.

The site had been developed for Version 7 originally. She upgraded it to Flash Planer 9 / Actionscript 2.0. We swapped out the problem files on the website and guess what??   I still doesn't work. I love my developer. But, Adobe? Not so much

She can take up to Flash Player 10 / Actionscript 3.0 which we'll try tomorrow, but I have to say, I am extrordinarily dissapointed that Adobe takes no interest in any of this. I will gladly move on to HTML5 and never use or recommend Flash again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug noted previously in this thread, 3363562, is marked fixed internally for our next 11.5 update.  We released a beta today (I'll be making an announcement soon) and I believe this fix should be in this build.  Would someone mind giving this a try and let us know how it works for you?

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-5.html

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get it to work on Internet Explorer but not on Google Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome uses it's own version of Flash Player.  However, you can override this.  Just make sure you install the beta version of the Flash Player plugin (other browser, not the IE one) and then follow the instructions in this help doc.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-goog le-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Thanks  Both Chrome and IE are working.....So when will all of my clients get this update on their Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is up to Google.  You might want to give the Chrome beta and Canary builds a try to see if either of these have implemented this fix.

https://www.google.com/landing/chrome/beta/

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/chromesxs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

The update above solved some problems (blank white screens), however, we're still having trouble with slideshows for the antenoraarchitects.com website. Slideshows appear on the Home page and under architecture > projects under any given category. The loader shows images being loaded but they never appear.

I'm the developer–running Mac OS 10.6.8 and testing in various browsers. Behavior is the same in Firefox/Safari/Chrome.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We have installed the Flash Player 11.5 Beta for both IE and Firefox from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11-5.html.

We have a lot of flash slideshows on our website, due to the recent update of Flash player 11.5.31.2, the enlarged images on some flash files disappeared, thumbs can load fine, see here. But now, they are all back to normal! Thanks for the helping us.

FYI, I am on Windows 7, 32 bits, Firefox 17.0 and IE version 9.0.8112.16421.

Cao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a serious problem. Please tell us when you expect the fixed version to be rolled out for the public - also for Chrome users.

This could be the last straw for Flash if it's not fixed quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SQFT - Could you add a new bug report, if you haven't already, at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please let me know the bug number and I'll investigate internally.

@rreynish - We're shooting for this update to be made available in the next week or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same issue here.

Flash Player 11.5 does not load any of the enlarged slides, thumbs load fine. We have a lot of customers complaining about this incompatibility issue.

I have reported the bug to Adobe bugbase. Hopefully they can get back to me soon. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines