Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replaced font still appearing in missing fonts

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

In my FrameMaker template I was missing a font called "Palatino". I changed the font in the template to another font that is available with me.

I changed the font in every Paragraph tag and Character tag in the template. And did Global Update. I double checked everything.

I did it manually in one of the files and imported to the other files.

But in some of the book files, I am still getting the missing font alert for "Palatino". It is a mystry for me, where I am leaving some track of the old font. I am 100% sure the font do not appear in any of the Paragraph tags and Character tags in the template

Is there a way I can search for that font in the book files.

Please let me know. I quick help will be highly appreaciated.

Regards,

Com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Font info is also stored here:

• Stored table tags or in a deleted table title
  • In a left/right master page, if your document is single sided and you had deleted the master page of the other side
  • Master pages
  • Reference pages
  • Graphics files

You can also open the MIF file (preferably with MIFBrowse: http://www.grahamwideman.com/gw/tech/framemaker/mifbrowse.htm or in another text editor) and search for the font name.

Or you can deactivate "Remember missing font names" in the Preferences and then open your file. FrameMaker will permanently replace Palatino with another font. Only if the font is used by a graphics file, FrameMaker will still try to find this font.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, if you are using FrameMaker 10 or 11, you can open the Fonts pod,

select the Palatino font, and then click the Replace button for a dialog

that lets you permanently replace the font with a font of your choosing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines