Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Here is my server

- Windows 2008 Server R2 Ent

- IIS 7.5

- ColdFusion 10

CF10 installation ran smoothly, the wsconfig seems to have created all necessary stuffs like :

ISAPI filter : tomcat C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

ISAPI restriction authorized : tomcat_all C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

index.cfm added in Document by default, placed at first place up in the list

cfide, jakarta virtual directories created, etc..

Everything is running ok EXCEPT that IIS is unable to server index.cfm as a directory default page :

- this generate an error : http://www.example.com/ (to simplify, index.cfm is the only page in root directory)

- this doesn't generate an error and serve the index.cfm page correctly : http://www.example.com/index.cfm

Error 404.2 is talking about (in french)

"La page que vous avez demandée est introuvable en raison des paramètres de la liste des restrictions ISAPI et CGI du serveur Web."`

I don't see anything special in ISAPI/CGI restrictions parameters, they are even the same as on the dev server which doesn't have the problem...

I tried to remove the connectors by running wsconfig and then re-run to reinstall the connectors, without success.

Any help appreciated as I'm running out of idea...

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Yes, no surprise there.  Well everything that I am finding for that particular error discusses the ISAPI and CGI restrictions option within IIS.  The error itself states the same - "HTTP Error 404.2 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI Restriction list settings on the Web server".

Are you sure that the settings for that are the same on both servers AND that they are enabled the same on both servers?

I realize that it works when you specify index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a couple of posts relating to IIS 404.2 errors and the common symptom appears to be enabling the ISAPI and CGI.  Is it enabled on your server?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4561393?tstart=0

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942040

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2665578/404-2-error-after-installing-net-4-0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Miguel,

well yes I suppose as this IIS is serving a full of other CFM and CFC pages correctly and http://www.example.com/index.cfm is parsed and served with (in this case) the current date/time Now().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this only a problem in the root folder or everywhere?

Are you running distributed mode (IIS and ColdFusion on separate servers) or on the same server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Miguel,

I have tested and it is on all directories and all sites (I have several IIS sites on same IIS wiht one IP, routing is thus done with host name).

Not in distributed mode, IIS and CF10 on same machine.

I have 2 servers like this one, one called DEV and one called PROD, same settings, on one (DEV) there is no problem and on the other (PROD) there is the problem.

This is good as I can compare settings but for the moment everything looks the same on both servers.

Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you compared the web.config files from both servers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- On the 'no problem" server I don't have found any web.config file (nothing in inetpub/wwwroot/ nor on any multiple web sites root directories).

- On the 'problem' server I found only one web.config file (in inetpub/wwwroot/) and here is the content :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

</configuration>

I carefully checked all this to be sure and I hope this is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm?  Looks like an empty configuration file.  That is odd, but I don't think that is your issue.  If that file truly is empty then it can safely be deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right, I tested without the file in the directory and it doesn't change anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no surprise there.  Well everything that I am finding for that particular error discusses the ISAPI and CGI restrictions option within IIS.  The error itself states the same - "HTTP Error 404.2 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI Restriction list settings on the Web server".

Are you sure that the settings for that are the same on both servers AND that they are enabled the same on both servers?

I realize that it works when you specify index.cfm but that error is telling you that the ISAPI and CGI settings aren't correct.  Otherwise it would just be a normal 404.  Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well here is a screenshot :

it's identical on both serveur

restrictions-problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and on my side the error message is clearly telling that the correct file was called and that the physical path was good :

error-screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Well hopefully someone else will chime in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miguel, many thanks for your time !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Sorry I could not help more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miguel,

I have solved the problem, with your help.

As you said the message is very clear. So I look more carefully.

It says that the error is generated by the handler cfmHandler.

So I look at it in very details and I found for all CF handlers (cfcHandler, cfmHandler, cfmlHandler, cfrHandler) a bad value :

C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\2\isapi_redirect.dll

and not

C:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll

This bad value came from a previous missed installation I suppose.

But what is curious is that when using wsconfig to remove the connectors, it should have erased these handlers(or maybe that's what happened but they where recreated with cached values).

Anyway, it is now running smoothly with your help. Again thank you for your time !

Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent! I'm glad you figured it out.

(Sent from mobile device)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tested with a index.php file and it is served correctly as default page in directory on both servers.

So something more with CF than with IIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation