• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moodle 2.3.2/Captivate 6/SCORM

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating my SCORM Content with Adobe Captivate 6.

I use a Moodle site that is on version 2.3.2

Moodle doesnt completely cooperate with SCORM 2004, so I am using SCORM 1.2

My exam is a total of 120 random slide questions (from 7 different Question Pools) using the Submit All function.

I CANNOT FOR ANYTHING, GET MY RESULTS TO POST TO MOODLE.

I tried a trial exam and answered all the answers, the results show that I did attempt the exam but it is incomplete (False) and the score is Zero (also False)

Can somebody please help me out or point me in the right direction.

Zachary L. Crites

Tax Tech Inc.

taxtech5@ctitech.com

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show screenshots of your SCORM settings in Captivate 6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scorm.png

2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything too obviously wrong there.  Does it report correctly if you turn off Submit All and just submit each question separately?  There have been some weird issues with Submit All and I'm always suspicious now when I see someone mention it.

The other thing I would try is to move questions OUT of your question pools for a test and see whether you can get scoring captured in the LMS without the question pools.

Try getting a small simple project with just a few questions (no pools or Submit All) to work first with your current settings. Then if successful, start introducing other variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the same exam but only answer 10 questions, then SUMBIT ALL.

Works fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  That's interesting.  I wonder if Moodle (or Captivate) has some kind of question number limit.  Try increasing the number of questions by 10 each time to see if there's a point where it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more idea:  Do you have each question set to 10 points?  If so, set each to 1 point instead and see if that helps.  If you have a lot of questions set to 10 points, you might find that Moodle is using Raw Score instead of the percentage and the number of points exceeding 100 is giving it a headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh let me try the point system fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to fix the scoring error. 

But I still cant see the results for each question... hmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try ticking the box in your SCORM settings for Interaction Data, then republish and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That made the Grade go to zero and no reporting.... idk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the screenshot of the result that i am getting when my SCORM settings are set to not include "Interaction Data"

When "Interaction Data" is check in my SCORM package, the same result occurs but with no RAW SCORE....

scorm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried selecting the SendTrackingData for the template in SCORM 1.2

This did not work either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set up the interaction IDs for each question so that they all belong to the same set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On each question? Yes

Zac Crites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  This is a bit of a long shot, but can you show us a screenshot of your Project > Advanced Interaction screen so that we can see the Objective ID and Interaction ID shown for each of your question slides?  Compare the Objective IDs with the Objective ID shown under Quiz > Settings.  They should match for all questions.

Another thing that occurred to me with your issue was to check the setting at Quiz > Pass Fail.  You showed us already that you have selected Percentage as the reporting method on the main screen, but there's another setting under Quiz > Pass or Fail to select Percentage or Score.  If you have Score selected here then that mismatch might be causing some issue.

I would also recommend you check your Manifest dialog settings to make sure values are entered there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this might be getting somewhere....

I have Question Pools set up with questions in each pool. The questions in the pools have IDs (example Domain1a).I have the Objective ID set to TTIU_FE

Attached is the screenshots...

ZAC

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:36:52 -0700

To: zac.c@hotmail.com

Subject: Moodle 2.3.2/Captivate 6/SCORM

Re: Moodle 2.3.2/Captivate 6/SCORM

created by RodWard in Advanced Adobe Captivate Users - View the full discussion

OK. This is a bit of a long shot, but can you show us a screenshot of your Project > Advanced Interaction screen so that we can see the Objective ID and Interaction ID shown for each of your question slides? Compare the Objective IDs with the Objective ID shown under Quiz > Settings. They should match for all questions. Another thing that occurred to me with your issue was to check the setting at Quiz > Pass Fail. You showed us already that you have selected Percentage as the reporting method on the main screen, but there's another setting under Quiz > Pass or Fail to select Percentage or Score. If you have Score selected here then that mismatch might be causing some issue. I would also recommend you check your Manifest dialog settings to make sure values are entered there.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4865871#4865871

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Advanced Adobe Captivate Users by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ZAC,

Not seeing any screenshots.  Email attachments won't transfer into the forum post.  You need to insert them via the little camera icon on the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you're using Question Pools might be significant because this can mean that the randomised question could be potentially of any type for a given attempt.

Try moving some questions OUT of the pools and then republish to test in the LMS.  If the details start showing up in Moodle, we know the pools could be an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.pngscorm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get results from random questions if it is for like 20 but not 120...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting.  Then it would appear that this issue IS indeed related to some kind of numeric limit on what Captivate can handle.

I recommend you log a bug for this.  I've never personally tried to put so many quiz questions into a single project, but in theory there should be no limit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a limit to the amount of suspend data (aka resume data) that can be sent to an LMS.  It's 4096 character limit for SCORM 1.2 and AICC.  It's 64,000 characters (bytes) for SCORM 2004.  I wonder if you tell Captivate not to send resume data that it will correctly record all 120 questions.  You can find this setting in QUIZ --> Quiz Preferences --> "Advanced" button --> check "Never Send Resume Data".

The consequences of turning this off is that your users will not be able to resume the course where they left off if they stopped in the middle of the quiz.  In other words, they should take the course/quiz in one sitting because Moodle will not be able to save their spot.

HTH,

Jim Leichliter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources