Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to clear Font Cache I think

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7 running Illustrator 32bit cs5.1

I've been having a lot of problems with fonts lately. I was using Suitcase Fusion 3, and it was just misbehaving really badly. I figured out the problems with that program, was able to restore my computer to the point where it only had the original fonts, but now I still have this problem:

In both Illustrator and Photoshop, it lists a lot of fonts that are uninstalled. When I click on them, the screen just flashes and then it goes to the font I last used.

Through my extensive but ultimately useless googling, I've found that I need to clear the Adobe or Illustrator font cache. It's not my Windows font cache, I've deleted that twice already, so that's fresh. It's definitely Adobe. So how do I do this? Or is there a different solution to these nonexistent fonts that won't leave my font menu?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a search for a cache utility for Windows.

Font Explorer from Linotype might have a version for Wondows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe caches are located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\TypeSpt and delete any AdobeFnt*.lst files. Do not delete AdobeFnt.db or FontNames.db!! Those are not caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wade and Mike.

I figured it out without using either of your advice, incidentally. It was quite a hassle. In the end I just needed to use the Windows Font Cache and do a restart (I hadn't restarted yet, I think that was key).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My indesign CS6 draft documents, at first, really work well.

Fonts don't quite work anymore in Indesign . . . Adobe have anything to do with that?

Nobody . . . except their customers.  Among whom I not one . . . not any longer.

Maybe Adobe missed a Microsoft Windows 8 update and didn't pass the update along to legacy customers?

Looks that way to me.  How does it look to you?

Have all of a sudden . . . have your Adobe fonts shown as corrupted in Adobe software . . . but work perfectly well in other software?  What's going on?

Future bug fixes promised by Adobe to those who choose not to rent their software . . . pending not introductory offers by Adobe?

Or . . . what?

Why when I edit an Indesign document, software reports (adobe) fonts are not available, but I see in they are available to Microsoft Office applications?

What gives?  Thanks for any advice in the earth born world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines