• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 10 update 5 now available

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion 10 update 5 - a security update - is now available for install within your administrator. For details read this post on the ColdFusion blog :  http://t.co/SwxeIjaB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed update 5 and now CF administrator shows the correct updated version number 10,0,0,283319. However the updates tab show no updates installed. Before it showed updates 1 and 2 installed. Have I done something wrong or is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With as fast as these updates are being released, it's most likely a bug.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean 10,0,5,283319, yeah? Presume so.  I see the update installed OK, so it's not a bug across the board. Can you post a screen cap?

Maybe try deinstalling/reinstalling once for good measure?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.GIF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa.

OK, I'd cross post that to here: http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-10-update-5-security-update-now-available. Adobe (and the rest of the CF community) pay more attention to that than these forums.

Do try the de/reinstall thing though.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it with a manual deinstall of 5, which reverted it to 10,0,2,283111

java -jar \ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hf-10-00005\uninstall\uninstaller.jar

and then manual install of update 5.

java -jar \ColdFusion10\cfusion\hf-updates\hotfix_005.jar

Adobe support called and helped resolve this issue.

Message was edited to fix a typo by: Peter@csc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

installing the update through below command helped to resolve the issue.

1. Open the Command Prompt

2. Navigate to the location where you have the .jar update file

3. Run the command java -jar filename.jar

It will start the installer and install the update.

Regards

Swaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ma having a similar issue with update 6. I had no previous updates installed. I installed the mandatory hotfix fine. Then I ran the Update 6 through the CF Admin page. I am now at: 10,0,0,283435 but CF not showing any updates have been installed. Are we saying this hotfix installed just doesn't work correctly and I need to manually install the updates the same way I had to do the mandatory update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please click on the icon "i" on the top right of the administrator page, do you see the updated version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version that says it says is 283435, that is where I got that from. I just tried running the uninstall and it doesn't "say" anyhting, it just hung in the command prompt for a moment and continued on, but my version didn't change and my update level says: /C:/ColdFusion10/cfusion/lib/updates/chf10000006.jar 

So, either the update didn't work, or it did and the uninstall didn't work, or they both worked and all the information on that screen is crap.

I am hesistant to do this on our production box, but I think I need Update 4 because I am having an issue that I believe is resolved in that update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes your updater level is actually indiacting that ColdFusion is updated with Updater 6. Can you please clear your browser cookies and then click the icon "i" on the top right of the ColdFusion administrator screen? Please refer to the red circle in the screen shot.

coldfusionscreen.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I manually uninstalled. Then I stopped coldfusion. Removed the jar file in the updates folder. Manually updated, and then it displayed correctly. It appears that I have the issue of assigning the CF service to the admins in order to updated correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation