• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to install flash player on Mac OS 10.6 .

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install flash player on Mac  OS 10.6 w/Safari.  Ran uninstaller.  In troubleshooting guide, no version comes up in the box, and no error message. I have unblocked cookies and pop-ups. No firewall. Still, the download bar runs to completion, and then nothing. Help?

UPdate: called my local Apple Geek, and he said go to finder, click on adobe download, and go from there. Got the install icon, and its installed. 2 minutes versus the 2 hours I spent on the Adobe troubleshooting page. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Or have a beer. Anyway, thanks for reading and good luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please go to the Downloads folder and see if Flash Player installation file is downloaded?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is. I got it to run. Thanks

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM, Sunil_Bhaskaran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried about twenty times to install the Adobe Flash Player on my Mac. I had Adobe malware previously when responding to a fake popup Adobe update request.

In orfer to install now I am asked to disable my anti virus. If I do it would be permanent. I get the Adobe download and installer and even see I have an installed version in a box on the Adobe page but cannot access pdf's that require the player.

Mac OSX 10;6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines