• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning!! Nvidia Driver 306.97 for the GTX285 total crash fest!!

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried updating to this driver for my GTX 285 and Premiere crashed instantly the first time I tried opening it.  Tried opening Premiere again and it did open then crashed after two seconds of scrubbing the timeline.  BEWARE!!

Premier Pro Cs6 6.0.3

i7 930

Windows 7 Pro service pack 1

12 gig of ram

3 internal hard drives

GeForce GTX 285

GeForce 9800GT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems with 306.97 and my GTX 285.  I kept getting OpenGL errors. 

I UNINSTALLED (not rollback) and did a CLEAN install of and older 29x.00 driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai le meme probleme avec GTX 285 et Adobe premiere CS5, ou trouver les anciens pilotes sur le site Nvidia.

Ce message a été modifié par: KYNOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if updating such an old card has any advantage.

I have the 285 too and if you read the release notes it's all for gaming and newer cards and has been for quite some time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann, what version video driver are you running? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2012 Oct 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find in my system the old driver from May 2010, in install it again, and all is OK now,

be carefull with automatic update from Nvidia...................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia does not even tell me there is a new driver.

I am on 301.42 but also had a couple of Open GL errors.

Thinking of rolling back to 295.73.

Is it me or is the forum soooooooo veryyyyyyyyyyy slooooooooooow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum is slow in Denmark too 😞

Ulf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I have the same problem.. Windows 7 64bit, I installed the update - for Geforce GTX 285 - 306.97  and I can't make Premiere work.. it keeps crashing when I try to scrubb.. I did uninstall the driver, and other software, did restart, and intalled an older version,but it did not help... what should I do? I'm loosing money and patience here..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2012 Oct 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try reinstalling Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but the automatic Nvidia updating propose this release, no thinks for the future....................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first time a nVidia driver gave me such a headache. I installed this driver some days ago. Today I opened Premiere, then my pc crashed (blue screen of death and all). It happed for three times. I thought my GTX 285 was done for, because some other games were crashing too (but it took more time for them to crash). It's good that I found this thread. Installed the 301.42 driver, worked on Premiere for half an hour, finished one project, and everything seems good. I lost almost one night cleaning my card, giving up, searching for help, but at least I don't have to buy a new graphics card like I thought I'd have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2012 Oct 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats bizzarre. Because for some OSX 8.0.2 users, the update to the Nvidia GTX285 and Cuda update, myself included, seemed to stop the crashes....See this thread     http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1016670?tstart=60

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2012 Oct 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I was talking to the Nvidia customer support and the problem is FIXED by doing exactly this:

"Thank you for your submission. Can you try the latest 310.33 beta driver and see if that helps. There were a few bug fixes related to video that may help. You can download the driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-310.33-beta-driver.html. When installing the new driver please select the "Custom (Advanced)" install option and then put a checkmark in the "Perform clean install" option. "

this is beta driver for 64bit win7-vista.

I did that, it works, no more crashing so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2012 Nov 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, installing the beta driver version 310.33 did not solve the problem for my GT 240 under Windows 8 Pro 64bit.  Immediate OpenGL crash upon opening Premiere Pro CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try a 2xx driver? (I think I suggested that in your message thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did; I tried the two 2xx drivers that I found on nVidia website (295.73 and 296.10).  With these drivers I was not able to enable the Mercury Engine.  GPUSniffer reported that it did not find a math-capable GPU.

John T Smith wrote:

Did you try a 2xx driver? (I think I suggested that in your message thread)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

u should report this to Nvidia via their site, so they can fix it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 03, 2012 Nov 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The action of enabling MPE seems like a different problem. Like your card isn't working right. By this you mean MPE is greayed out and you can only select "Software Only"? As you know, MPE only supports certain cards, GTX 285 is one of them. So not totally confident its a driver issue here . Do you have CUDA installed as well?

Pete

Another Photographer wrote:

Yes I did; I tried the two 2xx drivers that I found on nVidia website (295.73 and 296.10).  With these drivers I was not able to enable the Mercury Engine.  GPUSniffer reported that it did not find a math-capable GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that the 3xx drivers are buggy to the point of being useless on my machine and the 2xx drivers don't support Windows 8.

EditorPete wrote:

The action of enabling MPE seems like a different problem. Like your card isn't working right. By this you mean MPE is greayed out and you can only select "Software Only"? As you know, MPE only supports certain cards, GTX 285 is one of them. So not totally confident its a driver issue here . Do you have CUDA installed as well?

Pete

Another Photographer wrote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it sure does sound odd..... I'm on a Mac, so I feel your pain. Some of us had major crashing issues ever since 6.0 was released and were never able to use MPE...the latest cuda and Nvidia updates have helped for most. Haven't heard of many other issues on windows like yours.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what the latest update to OSX Mountain Lion you have the same problem with a GTX 285

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks p-e-3-k!!! Works for me. I installed the new beta version 310.54 driver just like you said, and everything works fine for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear 13. p-e-3-k,

Thank you so much for your post. I updated to the 310.33 beta driver and after 10 minutes of blissful scrubbing I am confident that my GTX285 is happy once again. I've had the same set-up for over a year and no idea how the bug was triggered. Again, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn right!  I'm here because of the 'total crash fest' with my premiere pro cs5.5 and GTX 285!  It happened after a recent "forced" update by Nvidia.  The Nvidia Driver update was optional at first and I neglected the update for a while - until today, I shut down the computer this update installed by itself while the windows was shutting down, I thought it was harmless... Oh no! Here I am!  I've been scrambling all over sites, searching for quick solutions.  My Premiere Pro CS5.5 keep on crashing right after I scrub on the timeline.  I thought my card was dying.  And I am getting impatient as I use PPRO for a living.  Got to meet the deadlines and to pay bills!  Damn it.

I felt like this update 306.47 update was an attempt by Nvidia tricking their customers into buying a new card thinking that the older cards are not working anymore.  Probably a silly thinking or a true story? Sigh. Thought the horror days of this particular kind of problem are over.  I feel like I'm back to the days of Windows 98...

tclark513, thanks for posting this!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines