Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TCS 2.5 RH link to FM Not Available

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on Windows XP and have admin rights.

I have TCS 2.5. In RH, linking to FM is not available. In FM, the RH menu does not display.

I've adjusted the maker.ini file using RJ's instructions: http://www.mail-archive.com/framers@lists.frameusers.com/msg18573.html.

I had brief access to another computer no one was using. I wiped the computer, installed Windows 7, and installed TCS 2.5. The RH > link to FM feature was available. I can't upgrade my computer to Windows 7 at this time. And I don't think it is an OS issue.

I've contacted Adobe numerous times and through numerous channels. After going through the redirect loop a few times, I was told to purchase a Support Plan to receive installation help.

Other than the maker.ini file, what other ways does TCS need to link FM and RH?

Thanks,

Lydia

TOPICS
Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you've verified that the dll is where it's supposed to be? Try registering it using regsvr32.exe to make Windows aware of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lydia,

Sorry to know about your problem.

I would request you to check on more thing--

Whether you FrameMaker and RoboHelp belong to same installer i.e. were installed with TCS installation, as they would not show link option if installed individually with different installers.

If you are not sure, wipe out the complete TCS 2.5 and check if RH or Fm is installed, if yes, remove them and then reinstall the complete TCS 2.5 again on you machine. Launch Robohelp and test linking again.

If it still does not work, drop an email with some additional information - tcssup@adobe.com

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines